Gunter Wulff Arizona

General vintage slot machine related topics.
massy

Gunter Wulff Arizona

Post by massy »

Hi,
I have this machine and want to restore it. I am needing some parts. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I've uploaded some pics. I am an auto electronics engineer and mechanical engineer. I have lathes and milling machines. I have done many vehicle restorations, etc, but never a penny machine, but I like the style of these on the wall type machines.

Any and all help would be greatly received with thanks. I broke the glass front today digging it out of the back of the workshop.
Many thanks, martin.
Attachments
image-edit-20211130002533a.jpg
IMG_20211129_173401a.jpg
IMG_20211129_122328a.jpg
IMG_20211129_173422a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Gunter Wulff Arizona

Post by treefrog »

Hello Martin,

Shame about that glass, not something you will likely find a replacement for. Funny enough I have a Arizona glass which had a break in the corner, not across the artwork, but the machine was scrap, but still have the glass.

It looks like there is a break on the damper arm as well in one of your pictures. You would need to advise beyond the glass what help you need. Is the rest of the machine complete?

This looks like the Arizona that sold on eBay a week ago.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arizona-frui ... true&rt=nc
Attachments
C95E386B-61AE-483A-9B46-DC517AD4DB59.jpeg
massy

Post by massy »

Hi treefrog, yes that's the one. As you can see, I didn't pay a lot.

Thank you so much for your reply and interest, it is really appreciated.
I have two of the clamp brackets missing and the broken arm as you saw. Is there a mechanical set up manual or drawings available for this? Hi how much for the glass? I have been onto a man today l know about laser printing the picture and the plain glass is going to cost me £16.00, 5mm thick from a local window manufacturer. That arm that's broken is a pain but it may tig weld,
I will be stripping it down soon, as soon as l can find a drawing or an assembly guide, thanks.

I was looking on German ebay today. There are some good deals. I like the on the wall type machines, thanks.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You would have to share pictures of the problem parts, eg clamps.

You could scan and get printed. One of our members on here offers this service and has a printer of the size to do. I would have to dig out the one I have and check its state, but may work. Www.endofthepier.com

There are no guides other than the knowledge of people who can help, like on this forum.

Welding the metal used I suspect may be a challenge as it is an alloy with a heavy zinc content. I can’t believe you can tig weld and would probably melt.

I do have a lot of parts for the mechanicals of these machines, so may be able to help…
massy

Post by massy »

Hi tree frog, ok I will strip out the working unit from the case over the weekend, and start to collate what I need and send you pics.
Cheers, thank you so much for your help, it has been invaluable. !THUMBS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Be careful when pulling it all down.
It's not unusual after undoing a nut & bolt clamp on the mech to find it's also got a stainless steel pin through the two parts.

BP !PUNISH!
massy

Post by massy »

thanks badpenny
massy

Post by massy »

Hi,
Am I able to get the keys cut for these locks, based on the serial number or will I need to get locks with keys? Pics of my locks below.
I will be breaking it all apart over the weekend, thanks. I am looking for another one of the same type I just missed on on ebay, see below.
Attachments
33333a.jpg
IMG_20211129_174123a.jpg
IMG_20211129_173718a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

A quick search for Zeiss locks on this forum comes up with more than 40 posts
https://www.pennymachines.co.uk/Forum/s ... eiss+locks

I bought my first Gunter Wulff machine in 1971, and although some claim success in getting keys cut and even getting hold of blanks, I never have.
BP :cool:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

See my post in this topic on Locks for a Beromat /Gunther Wulff wall machine. Not sure if it still applies...
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

I have been able to get two sets of Zeiss locks rekeyed. So I don't have to repeat the story, have a look at Re: My Rotomat Juwel and Duomat penny arcades
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

For future reference, I've posted over the essentials to Tips & Tricks: Keying German wall machine Zeiss Icon locks
massy

Post by massy »

treefrog
Hi, I still have not found the time to break it down, maybe over xmas.
Did you say you might have a complete front glass etc.?
thanks