1966 Royal Crown, Imperial Crown, Lucky Token

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
josh down under

1966 Royal Crown, Imperial Crown, Lucky Token

Post by josh down under »

Hi all,
I'm after a bit if help. I have just gotten my hands in my first slot machine and would like to find out some information on it. I believe it was originally from the UK but has made its way to Australia where it will spend its time. I would like to know the manufacturer of it. There is no writing on the inside, just a small crown on the internal parts. A lot of people have said its a Sega but all the research I have done I have never come across it as one. Also I am after a new light box glass the same one as it has on it but in new condition. If anyone knows a good place to try and look online I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Josh
Attachments
RoyalCrown-a.jpg
aristomatic

Re: 1966 Royal Crown

Post by aristomatic »

I don't have access to my pictures via this tablet but this model is probably a sister machine to an Imperial Crown, so you may well find images and other info on the web if you search this forum and others using "Imperial Crown."

I'm sure others will chip in with info from a couple of previous threads too.

GP
josh down under

Yes, I was aware about the Imperial Crown models but still haven't had any luck on that either.

Thanks
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I very much think you will need to make a new light box glass. This is easier than you might think and there are lots of threads on the forum. There was a recent one (Mr P. could you mark it here so it can be found easy) in which a new JP glass was made easily and perfectly.
There is much of the Sega about it for sure so I guess one of the clones :!?!: What markings do the mech parts have stamped on them?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

In England I have probably seen this model more so in the token variant, e.g. non visible jackpot version, badged as Lucky Token with lucky token topbox artwork. I have seen a few badged Imperial Crown, none Royal Crown.

This is a thread on another forum that may or may not give some indications? Maybe? http://www.coinopcollectorforum.com/vie ... 408#p16408

Interestingly, I am pretty sure Sega did actually produce an "Imperial Crown" of their own within the later produced Windsor series with an electro-mechanical coin acceptor.

Take with a pinch of salt as few maybes in there!

GP
josh down under

Thanks guys.
I will have to check out these new links. Here is a picture I took of the internal markings. Sorry it's not that clear - had to quickly take it before I ran out for work.
Hey Coopinpr - what area was that post about the new JP sign? I have had a quick look but there are so many sections I couldn't find it, thanks.
Attachments
cu-stamp2.jpg
cu-stamp1.jpg
downunda

Post by downunda »

http://www.kfe.com.au/ARTWORK/ARTWORK.htm

might find the artwork here.. Maybe...
josh down under

Thanks for the lead, but unfortunately no luck.
Thanks anyway.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I will check my box of award glasses, but doubt I have one as this is not that common a machine. Most Segas of whatever form have Sega written somewhere, casting, casing, badges, etc. All the Lite Up machines that do not, have nothing. Funny for some reason the topic on who made these came up before and I thought someone posted a picture of them claiming to be Sega. As usual my searching skills on this site is beyond use to a beast......

Are there any stickers on the right hand side with a name on?
josh down under

Hey - no, there are no stickers in it saying a make of it. There is only a sticker on the inside and that's just saying the serial number date of inspection and the inspectors name. I will upload that below. On another forum that was posted above they believe it's a Sega copy and was made by the Manzi brothers - not sure on the company name though. That would be great if you could have a look. I would rather an original glass rather then getting a reproduction made if at all possible.

Thanks Josh
Attachments
buzzer.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Here is the post on new graphics: New video on how to create water slide transfers
josh down under

Thanks mate - that's a very interesting video. I think it's a little out of my skill set though but still worth thinking about, thanks.

Josh
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

That inspector's name sure looks Japanese as does the tag style and buzzer decal. Reminded me instantly of the '60s & '70s Japanese arcade games we used to operate and later deal in.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Some more:

This one with Royal Crown Deluxe on the glass and badged Imperial Crown. It's for sale in the Philippines and listed as a SEGA, for what that's worth.
http://www.hometradesph.com/index.php?page=item&id=4268

royalcrown2.jpg

Currently on ebay and listed as French (perhaps because it works on 10 French cents) a Strike A Lucky Token Imperial Crown

Strike-a-LuckyToken.jpg

French VINTAGE Lucky Token Bars Cherry 7 BELL SLOT MACHINE 10 CENT Crown JACKPOT

Another from eBay, Oct 28, 2014:
I'm selling my early 60's Royal Crown slot machine. It's in excellent condition and pays out correctly. When you hit the jackpot a buzzer sounds, a light flashes inside the machine and it dumps all the dimes in the jackpot. This machine was made by the Morris Shefras & Sons company in London England (probably for Sega) and it does take US dimes. The mechanism was made using Mills tooling so parts will interchange. The only electronics in the machine is for the lighting.

RoyalCrown3.jpg

This one with no top box but badged Royal Crown.

RoyalCrown4.jpg

http://picssr.com/tags/vintageslotmachine

I concur with others that, like the Imperial Crown discussed here, it's probably not SEGA. Japanese, French, made by Morris Shefras - the jury, as they say, is out...
Attachments
ImperialCrown.jpg
josh down under

Wow thanks. There's a couple of machines I haven't come across before. As for the whereabout of where they're made, it's still up in the air. I have different people telling me different companies. I am currently in communication with a slot machine historian and he still has friends in the industry and is doing some research for me to try and uncover the true manufacturer of my machine, but what we have come to realise is it is a pretty rare machine; not many out there compared to, say, Sega or Mills.

Thanks, Josh
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I am currently in communication with a slot machine historian and he still has friends in the industry and is doing some research for me to try and uncover the true manufacturer
I'd be very surprised if he can do better than the boys on the forum. :cool:
josh down under

I found him on another forum that one of the guys on this one put me onto.
coppinpr

Re. 1966 Royal Crown

Post by coppinpr »

Post split, moved & merged from Re: Bell-Fruit Manufacturing Co. bandits - Site Admin.

Here is another unusual bandit being sold in the USA. I know we have talked about these UK machines with the '60s auto-mobile chrome bits added before, but I've never seen one quite like this one. Looks very clean inside. Uses a proper escalator and they certainly threw everything at the payouts! Stars, crowns, beers, "7", BARS, plus some of the usual suspects in unusual combinations. Although in truth there are only two different payouts! Would seem to have a token payout as well. The inspection label inside says June 13 1966.
Attachments
uk-bandit-1a.jpg
uk-bandit-2a.jpg
uk-bandit-3a.jpg
aristomatic

Re: Bell-Fruit Manufacturing Co. bandits

Post by aristomatic »

nazox2016

Re: Watney's Red Barrel!!

Post by nazox2016 »

Has anyone seen this thread yet?
I don't know so much about it, but Royal Crown is a product of Pacific Industry as a subsidiary of Taito corporation.