NIC COSTA Auction

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
woody

NIC COSTA Auction

Post by woody »

THE NIC COSTA COLLECTION OF AMUSEMENT MACHINES, Sale 4107
January 19, 2006, London, South Kensington - Hello Fellow collectors - Could anyone be able to tell me if the results of this auction will be available on-line at all, either on the Auction website or here on this excellent forum

Thanks
Woody
nobby.pennytoy

The Nic Costa Collection of Amusement Machines results.

Post by nobby.pennytoy »

The Nic Costa Collection of Amusement Machines results are now online at http://www.christies.com/auction/result ... no=CSK4107
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I noticed there were items which failed to sell. This suggests there were reserves that were not met. The prices realized seemed to track the pre-auction estimates for the most part which I thought were on the low side. This suggests some possible concerns over condition of various pieces. Anyone who went to the auction care to comment?
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Ooops, the GUEST comments above can be attributed and blamed on me. I forgot to log-on!
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

Condition was a problem. Some with odd bits stuffed in the back, most not working, though some examples were very original. I think the main problem was the venue. I think London being the worst place to hold an auction, with limited parking, meters, if you could find one, £3 an hour limited to 2 hours, traffic wardens passing every 10 minutes, even my mate got a ticket and he was displaying a disabled parking thingy, so a lot of people travelled by train, so had to carry stuff home!
Buyers' commission of nearly 25%! (20%plus vat).
Bidding increments of £50 up to £1000.
They only take £5000 cash per person per year, credit card charge. If pay by cheque, cannot take goods till cleared, then items stuffed in storage by an independent firm charging large transfer / storage fees after a week.
Enough of my rantings, :evil: I was pleased with the items I bought :D