Joined but received no confirmation E-mail

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
Welshy2009

Joined but received no confirmation E-mail

Post by Welshy2009 »

Hi All,

I joined several days ago - but my Activation E-mail has not arrived. I have tried my inbox and Junk box. But it is nowhere to be seen.

Can you re-send it for me please admin?

Many Thanks,

Welshy2009.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Joined but received no confirmation E-mail

Post by pennymachines »

Hi,

Your Username is not in the database, so it would appear the Registration process was not completed. Various things could have caused this - gmail.com email accounts, for example, are not allowed (as an anti-Spam defence).

Send me your preferred Password and email address using the email or pm button immediately below this message, and I'll set up an account for you,

Cheers. PM (Site Admin).

Post by Guest »

PennyMachines wrote:Hi,

Your Username is not in the database, so it would appear the Registration process was not completed. Various things could have caused this - gmail.com email accounts, for example, are not allowed (as an anti-Spam defence).

Send me your preferred Password and email address using the email or pm button immediately below this message, and I'll set up an account for you,

Cheers. PM (Site Admin).

Hello PM,

Thanks for your reply. I am unable to use the PM or E-mail System here, as I tried contacting you several days ago and again Just Now.

I tried to re-register, but it said that my E-mail address was already in use. So I used a different E-mail address and The same Username - That time it went through. But, as of yet, I haven't received my confirmation E-mail.

Would you be kind enough as to use my Username (Welshy2009) and use a Temporary Password that you could E-mail me and I will change in my UCP when I sign in for the first time. If you could E-mail me the temporary password to XXXX (And delete the E-mail address from here as soon as you have seen it - to prevent spambots) I would be grateful.

I have had to do that on my forum several times for people too. Don't worry though, I am not 'competition' as I have an ' Electrician Talk Forum '.

Many Thanks,

Welshy2009.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Sorry about all the hassle - these things can be very frustrating, I know.
Of course, I should have realized you couldn't use the email & pm buttons until you were logged in as a member!

Anyway - it seems your last attempt to join was successful and only fell at the last hurdle when the activation email failed to reach you.
I've activated your account at this end, so now you should be able to log in as Welsh2009 using the password you chose. (Your email address is also the one you used to register.)
Guest wrote:Don't worry though, I am not 'competition' as I have an ' Electrician Talk Forum '.
Competition is welcome - but a Forum populated by professional electricians might be an asset some of us could use. Feel free to post a link to your site.
And welcome to pennymachines.co.uk!
Welshy2009

Post by Welshy2009 »

PennyMachines wrote:Sorry about all the hassle - these things can be very frustrating, I know.
Of course, I should have realized you couldn't use the email & pm buttons until you were logged in as a member!

Anyway - it seems your last attempt to join was successful and only fell at the last hurdle when the activation email failed to reach you.
I've activated your account at this end, so now you should be able to log in as Welsh2009 using the password you chose. (Your email address is also the one you used to register.)
Indeed you Have - Thank You. :)
Welshy2009 wrote:Don't worry though, I am not 'competition' as I have an ' Electrician Talk Forum '.
PennyMachines wrote:Competition is welcome - but a Forum populated by professional electricians might be an asset some of us could use. Feel free to post a link to your site.
That's Jolly decent of you - Thank You.. It's www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk (Free registration is need to view it though - Sorry).
PennyMachines wrote:And welcome to pennymachines.co.uk!
Thank You - It's good to be here. :)