SEGA EM Arcade Games

General vintage slot machine related topics.
dj10555

SEGA EM Arcade Games

Post by dj10555 »

I collect Sega EM arcade games such as the ones found on http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=838.
Does anyone remember these? I would be interested in any parts for these games if anyone has them.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: SEGA EM Arcade Games

Post by pennymachines »

Hello and welcome.
I don't have any spares, I'm afraid, but thanks for posting the link to the System 16 Arcade Museum
Definitely worthy of a place on the Archive links page.
Some great pictures - I didn't realize what a diverse assortment of arcade games Sega made. Many would appear to have been original concepts although a few are clones or developments of other manufacturers' designs.
I remember playing the futuristic multiplayer Basketball on a French camp-site as a kid - very entertaining and I now own one (awaiting restoration...)
The Mini Futbol is a copy of Albert Leslie Cane's Minisoccer of 1969 (see Patents) and was presumably made under licence. The Soccer is a clone of Alfred Crompton's Star Soccer of 1967 (see Patents).

Full flyers for many of these games can be seen at Marvin's Marvellous Mechanical Museum
The Jumbo and Speedway can be seen working here.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

I remember working on a "Killer Shark" machine - I worked at a fairground when I was a student. I thought it was an ingenious mechanism. The shark images were screened around the edge of a perspex disk that was turned at about 5 frames a second by a Geneva mechanism, then there were two mirrors at right angles that rocked slowly back and forth to move the image around on the screen. I didn't delve deeply enough to find out how the spear gun detected the image.
dj10555

Post by dj10555 »

I have a couple of Sega EM arcade games but they are difficult to find. I do have a lead on a Killer Shark game which I am hoping to try and get. Thanks for the information on the patents. I did not realise these were originally made by other companies.
dj10555

Post by dj10555 »

Thought I would revisit a very old post! Just wondering if anyone has come across any Sega EM arcade games?
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

I have a Sega punching bag. And will be picking up a moto polo soon. Not sure if it's a
Keeper or not
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

ddstoys wrote:And will be picking up a moto polo soon. Not sure if it's a
Keeper or not
Dan, so, how many machines haven't been keepers then?!
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

Anything newer than 1966 has to be pretty special to make the grade these days ;)
cait001

Post by cait001 »

That system16 page is super, thanks! It's missing a few IIRC, but whatever. Still good.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I've reinstated the System16 site to Archive/Links.