Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

General vintage slot machine related topics.
roger

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post by roger »

I know that this is a controversal subject but I want everyone to know that MORPHY is running a 3 day auction
starting tomorrow. ................. Just so you can have some friendly competition.
Besides, who is prepared
shhhh.jpg
shhhh.jpg (3.64 KiB) Viewed 688 times

to pay those shipping charges.
Check out the coin-ops without spending a penny.
tim575

Re: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post by tim575 »

Prior Morphy Coin-op Auction cross country domestic shipping for a large game was about 1.5 times what it was in the prior auction. I expect the same if not more like 2 times in this auction, enough to suppress bidding on project or lower value games without being local. Normally I would bid on a half dozen items, this time only 3 to bid on and I have to leave room to cover the premium, tax (California sales tax is high), and shipping which can double the total vs hammer. I miss when it was VCA in Las Vegas, close enough to drive my pickup to and personally inspect items. I can't imagine how much more shipping across the Atlantic must be now, or the wait time on that.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

A large package was delivered today by Hermes. It looked like it had been kicked about the floor for several days and had all the corners worn through. It was the Morphys catalogue.
Another disappointing auction offering this time, and just as well, as shipping back to the UK extremely high currently probably 3 times the previous cost.
VCA was the best, and Morphys completely nuts for leaving Vegas however much they think they saved in doing so.
roger

Re: Off the Wall

Post by roger »

I have been following the prices in today's Morphy auction............
Judging from some prices, many patrons on site must have escaped from a Looney Bin.
The online bidders are surely not responsible for their actions as they must be as crazy as the escapees.
Will sanity ever be restored to the Stock Market and Coin-op market ???????????
OH for the "good old days" ROGER

!!HAHA!! !!HAHA!! !!HAHA!!
Last edited by roger on Sat May 07, 2022 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

World's gone crazy and a poor restoration at that 🤯