Aristocrat Sheerline

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
prawns

Aristocrat Sheerline

Post by prawns »

Hello Everybody :)

A friend of mine recently picked up a 1960s? Aristocrat Sheerline machine - for some reason it's not spinning up properly/resetting itself and getting stuck where we have to spin around that red flappy thing manually to reset it to where it's supposed to be? (we are obviously experts hahahha). Wondering if anybody knew of a common issue or something to check for? Some of the springs look a bit old and some have been dodgied up a little. Have a video of it kinda working.

Attachments
20220602-120658.jpg
20220602-121020.jpg
20220602-120716.jpg
20220602-120725.jpg
20220602-120732.jpg
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Sheerline

Post by treefrog »

Hi and welcome,

Certainly looks like something is stopping the cycle of the machine finishing. Common issues can be the clock, which can get clogged with grease of have a foreign object jammed in it. Does the fan turn when moved manually? Check the fan blades are not jamming on any part of the machine. Also the timing bar attached to the clock should move freely, see areas below.

12BB8F37-6C02-4F68-84F2-9E126D2320FF.jpeg

It is likely to be either old grease or something interfering.

I have exactly the same model !THUMBS!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It's also worth having a good search in case a coin (or something equally foreign) has found its way deep into the bowels of the mechanism.
It's easy for it to happen when being tinkered with. They soon disguise themselves with grease and oil, and find their way into a space that halfway through the cycle needs to be occupied by a lever or something.
prawns

Post by prawns »

Cheers for the replys guys :)

We had been spinning the fan manually to reset the timing bar to where it was supposed to be at the end of a cycle as it seemed to get stuck, the fan did turn the cogs and timing bar ok (slowly lol) but the timing bar was binding up a bit we think and not resetting itself automatically. Repeatedly working the mechanism and cleaning things up etc over a few hours seems to have got everything working properly again (most of the time hahaha) but the big spinning discs with the pictures on it that people look at to win - still seems to spin slower than yours does (but its generally working) She might come good with some more grease and more working of the mechanisms hopefully. Ill check with my mate later in the day when he is home and see if he has hit any other issues but i think he is pretty stoked he got it going :)
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Good news, yes I suspect the common areas that go sticky and hard over time will affect the operation and the reels are one of them. They can be removed and cleaned, so do ask if you need any guidance if you decide to dig deeper. |/XX\|