Aristocrat Kingsway - Strike a light

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
henko666

Aristocrat Kingsway - Strike a light

Post by henko666 »

Hallo. Anybody who has the schematics or knows what the different colored moveable pins/straps on the picture do? I think they have to do with the payout counter you also see on the picture, and I believe they are in the wrong positions because the slot does not reset after a "strike the light" feature. The slot machine is a Aristocrat Kingsway - Strike a light from 1965.
Attachments
ar2a.jpg
ar1a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Kingsway - Strike a light

Post by treefrog »

Hi there,

Never seen this model before. I have owned a few hopper based Aristocrats and there was a recent thread on the Hoots Mon I got working. I have never seen a schematic and sooo many have asked on this site. I have a few manuals, all exclude the hopper machines. I do believe the pins are associated with payouts and mine was wrong and paying out incorrectly and comparing to another machine sorted mine. Trouble is variants are different, so you have less connectors than the four reelers. I did wonder why your counter was on over 200 !PUZZLED!
henko666

Post by henko666 »

Hallo, yes the counter should be zero but goes crazy when the "strike the light feature" kicks in.
Could you please send a picture of your pin settings, maybe it will at least get me started, I only think it's one pin which is wrong?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

If you see below thread, pages of issues with hopper machines. Mine is last post with pins on mine. I have more than yours.

Aristocrat Hoots Mon/Quadreel
henko666

Post by henko666 »

Great thanks, yes maybe this won't help but thanks anyway!
henko666

Post by henko666 »

Maybe I should just continue to with Ballys instead :D
Attachments
bally-2a.jpg
bally-1a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I would also check that card at the back, as that also directly relates to the payout. I had two models of similar types with different payouts and found the cards directly relate to the payout when swapping. Worth checking each diode is working. Another member on here found one faulty that affected his payouts.

You also have two extra relays to most on left, which I guess relates to the special light feature. Check these are operational. |/XX\|
henko666

Post by henko666 »

Thank you for your reply and help! I checked the card and every diode on the back and it is ok. But I think I found the probelm (or you did). The relay most to the left has a loose cable. It's the only relay which has a cable coming out of it. If this relay has to do with the "strike the light" feature it makes sense since the machine is working perfectly with payouts and all the rest when the feature is not enabled.

I tried to look where the cable has been soldered but really can't see any place directly. There's a ton of cables under the metal board and it is very tight in there. Any clue where the cable has been soldered? Thank you btw for the "pin" picture,. That really helped, since your pins were in the same position as mine, just that I have two less, so one of the pins was in the wrong position.
Attachments
sw2a.jpg
sw1.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Can’t help on that cable, but odd to have a lead coming out of the relay like that, rather than on using the pins below, almost like an after market modification. You can but track where it could possibly connect to. Is it on a pin underneath the relay or coming out of the top cover, as there is little to connect to on top, only the timer in that corner? There are more components underneath the unit. I assume you have lifted out the whole assembly to check, which is only held in place with the silver thumb bolt. The feature is obviously triggered on three kings, which will have a microswitch and leads coming up the cable bundle.
henko666

Post by henko666 »

Yes, it looks very strange. The cable comes from inside the relay. They made a little hole on the side where iit's coming out. I managed to lift the assembly a little bit, but to lift it properly I would have to remove stuff on top of the assembly.

Got two Ballys coming in this weekend: a Wild Horse and a Super Continental, so this will have to wait until after the summer.
Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
Attachments
sw3a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The whole unit lifts up and away. You have to unplug the multiconnector first…