Aristocrat Regal (Honey Bee)

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
rod71

Noob with an Aristocrat Regal "Honey Bee"

Post by rod71 »

Hi guys. Just thought I'd join up, as I will be picking up my first bandit in a week or so.

The bandit is the last piece in the puzzle that is my gamesroom. I have four late '70s solid-state pinballs, an upright arcade, a cocktail arcade, plus a home-made jukebox cabinet.

OK, well I need to keep searching and learning about these things, so I will leave you with a couple of pics of the Honey Bee.

Cheers
Rod
20130422_104159.jpg

20130423_1213361.jpg

raj

Re: Noob with an Aristocrat Regal "Honey Bee"

Post by raj »

A very nice example Rod, not often seen with quad reels in this country. Be warned however, even without the top box, this model is very very heavy, made from weapon's grade steel! !OMFG!
rod71

Post by rod71 »

lol. Built to last! So the best way to move them is to break it down by removing the mech?

I'm in Australia BTW, so quads are pretty common. As are the 1970s Jubilees with the wood-grain panelling and jumbo top boxes. Yuk!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Howdy Rod 71, welcome, we'll open a new pack of Wagon Wheels to celebrate your arrival.

Do you live in the same street as Andydotp and pominoz who regularly contribute, you'll probably know them from sight if not name?
Nice guys they went to different schools together.

Do you need planning permission for that machine? It's a Doozy.
What coins is it playing?

Regarding breaking it down to move it, removing the mech will help but, to make it really easy, you might try an angle grinder. !PUZZLED!

Keep us updated

BP
rod71

Post by rod71 »

Heh, I get this feeling there are no post 1970 Aristocrats over there :)

The Honey Bee is running on Aussie 10c

How about the Jubilee below. Now THAT is huge.

9916dkb_20.jpeg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Transformers ...... Robots in disguise!!!!

When it fights the evil contraceptacons what does it turn into?
rod71

Post by rod71 »

So the Honey Bee has arrived!

Markings inside suggest it was made in 1975.

Have had to do a crash course on trouble shooting already. Thanks to the excellent resources on this site along with the Aristocrat service manual, I was able to sort it out.

The payout slides were pretty well gummed up with grease, and turns out that they were also in the wrong order!. Explains why it was paying out the incorrect amount on certain pays (when it decided to pay)

Anyway. It's playing pretty sweet now. Very happy with it :)

20130508_180819#1.jpg

Last edited by rod71 on Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done, glad it's all arrived and has worked out well for you. :cool:
metropolis

Post by metropolis »

Hi Rod,

It's a pretty old post and I am here from Melbourne working in a small linen company. I am interested in buying a late Honey Bee. If you are interested do let me know! Thanks.

Messlie Linda
Elan Linen
Deptt: Bianca bedding
Melbourne, Australia
Edited By Mods
Last edited by metropolis on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Don't have a Honey Bee, but did pick up a Bobby Dazzler the other week, minus cash tray and slides (of course I have spares of these).

I am in UK though, so can't help you.

I have 3 Regals, two 3 reelers and this 4 reeler. Never seen a UK version of the 4 reeler and this one is also on Aus 10c......

I was going to post a joke anonymous post to BP's post of this machine from 3 months ago, asking if anyone knew why the coins were falling out all over the place and where I could get a cash box from, but then realised the ability to send anon posts has gone. Anyway the email I sent in January, they responded 3 months later and accepted my offer, from a small antiques shop in south London.
Attachments
arist2a.jpg
rod71

Post by rod71 »

That's a nice Bobby D. Essentially the same game as my Honey Bee, but with different graphics. :)
skippy

Post by skippy »

treefrog wrote:Don't have a Honey Bee, but did pick up a Bobby Dazzler the other week, minus cash tray and slides (of course I have spares of these).

I am in UK though, so can't help you.

I have 3 Regals, two 3 reelers and this 4 reeler. Never seen a UK version of the 4 reeler and this one is also on Aus 10c......

I was going to post a joke anonymous post to BP's post of this machine from 3 months ago, asking if anyone knew why the coins were falling out all over the place and where I could get a cash box from, but then realised the ability to send anon posts has gone. Anyway the email I sent in January, they responded 3 months later and accepted my offer, from a small antiques shop in south London.
You are going to need some of our Aussie 10c pieces now %|%
drphat

Aristocrat Honey Bee

Post by drphat »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi All,
In the process of restoring my Aristocrat Honey Bee and have stripped it down but I've got two small issues.
I've searched the forums but nothing specific to my problem. First I've got all the metal cabinet parts removed for re-plating but the main door/front panel has the hinge tac welded to it, it would appear to be factory done. I can't see any way to remove the pin/spine to separate it. I would assume once chromed the whole hinge would be seized/plated together?

Second is the handle has no black knob/handle end but I have a spare machine with a bent handle but the black knob is attached. How is it attached and how do I remove it? Read about freezing and dunking in boiling water but not sure if this is the correct way to go about it?

Thanks for any help. !THUMBS!

If anyone's wondering, Clubmaster is finished just need to make a stand.
Attachments
IMG_1247a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Honey Bee

Post by coppinpr »

The hinge would be a bit strange, seems it would make life difficult at the factory !PUZZLED! . Need to at least see a photo of the handle but these often simply unscrew. Heating then cooling the metal might make it easier. The problem is getting a grip on it without damaging it.
jj-taylor

Aristocrat Honey Bee Springs (Dazzler)

Post by jj-taylor »

G'day all,
I have an Aristocrat Honey Bee machine (4 Reel in Aus) that I need some springs for the payout slides (amongst others). Does anyone know what size they are?
I am away for work at the moment and would like to order some for when I return, and forgot to get measurements before I left.....
Any help appreciated.
malcymal

Re: Aristocrat Honey Bee Springs (Dazzler)

Post by malcymal »

Probably the same size length as any other Aristo, such as Arcadian. You can always shorten longer lengths anyway by just creating the end loops.
jj-taylor

Aristocrat Regal (Honey Bee)

Post by jj-taylor »

G'day all, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with a picture or two of the internals of an Aristocrat Regent without the mechanism inside. I have stripped a machine to clean it up and don't seem to have taken enough pictures to put it back together correctly... I know, dumb move. Anyway, any help greatly appreciated.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Aristocrat Regent Cabinet (honey bee)

Post by badpenny »

I for one don't recognise the model mentioned nor can I find any mention of it.
Is it purely mechanical? Electro mechanical?
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Regent Cabinet (honey bee)

Post by treefrog »

I assume he means the Regal…..with the tall box like below.

I have a few and they are the same as the Nevada, Grosvenor and Kingsway inside…..I have quite a few, but none in front of me. What specifically are you having trouble with !PUZZLED!
Attachments
E7BFBDBB-4456-4990-9397-0F840372085A.jpeg
E7BFBDBB-4456-4990-9397-0F840372085A.jpeg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
jj-taylor

Re: Aristocrat Regal Cabinet (Honey Bee)

Post by jj-taylor »

You are correct, it is a Regal.
I am just putting the base plate back together and there appears to be something missing from the plate. Is there a chute supposed to go the area circled?

Thanks heaps for any help.
Cheers,
Jeff
Attachments
Capture.JPG