Rare vending machine Boomerang and Rolo

General vintage slot machine related topics.
runner

Rare vending machine Boomerang and Rolo

Post by runner »

Bought a job lot of vending machines from Norwich recently. Turns out they came out of the old post office. Four hours drive later I arrived. As you can see from one of the pictures, they are a bit toasty, and some have paint on. This would put off most buyers, but I spotted a Mackintosh Rolo vending machine which I never saw before. When I arrived there to collect the machines it turned out there were actually two of them. The other machine that I hadn't seen before was a Fisholow Boomerang which had two pieces of Bazooka Gum still inside !!

You always hope that there may still be an old chocolate bar or sweets inside when you open it, but I was always disappointed, until now, 34 machines in.

Making progress on getting the paint off !! Using cream cleaner, might try a bit of paint stripper on the bottom corner of one of the machines to see how that works.
Attachments
IMG20220726195109a.jpg
IMG20220726201839a.jpg
Bazooka.jpg
291092430_6076150829067640_6761571198338146309_n.jpg
293054755_5510722372281141_3822211363406736997_n.jpg
ilovemyjukebox

Re: Rare vending machine Boomerang and Rolo

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

A nice bunch of machines. Fisholows are my favourites. The only time I ever found product in a machine was a Wrigleys Fisholow.

Never seen a Boomerang one before. I guess the same machine as the Beechnut but with different graphics.

Dave
runner

Post by runner »

Dave, have you seen a rolo vending machine before ? I would like to see a photo of another one just to compare the decals
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I was wondering, as the "Rolo" logo appears in a separate window is it possible the machine itself was a general purpose machine that could be used for various items? Are there any signs of "Rolo" artwork on the machine case?
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

I did have one a few years ago. I’ll have a look and see if I can find a picture of it. With the window I think it probably was a generic machine for tubes of sweets.
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

vendors.jpg

Hopefully picture attached
runner

Post by runner »

Brilliant, thanks Dave. Wasn't hopeful of seeing a picture of another one. Quite plain actually, with no artwork on the sides.
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

I think it had confectionery written on the sides. Large lettering filling sides and stopping just off the handle.
pennymachines robot

Post by pennymachines robot »

Simon wrote:Hello, I don't collect penny machines, and have only one (for sentimental reasons linked to the product being vended). It's hardly worth me joining a forum for a topic that in itself doesn't really interest me!! The machine is a Fisholow. I'm very familiar with F&L in relation to car bodies. My enquiry is if there are any photos/instructions available other than those I've seen as a visitor to this forum and a google search. Fundamentally everything is present, seemingly functioning, and in good condition, but I'd like to see whether there should be a cashbox, and what the lock arrangement should be. Thanks.
Link to page sent to Simon - Site Admin.
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Could you please send me the link too. I can answer his questions about coinbox and lock.

Thank you.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

ilovemyjukebox wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:53 pm Could you please send me the link too. I can answer his questions about coinbox and lock.
Hi,
The link I sent Simon was to this webpage in case anyone could answer his questions. If you post the answers here, I'll send him another email to alert him to check back. :|