Aristocrat Cash Box Plating

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
seasidedan

Aristocrat Cash Box Plating

Post by seasidedan »

Good afternoon chaps, ive started work on my new refurb project of an Arcadian that seen better days but isnt too far for gone for a bit of TLC. So far ive found i need one new reel to replace one snapped off and id like to replace the checker plate that wraps the front of the cash tray as its pretty rough.

Any advice on where i can get a replacement for the checker plate or shall i just pop it down to my local fabricator and get him to knock one up?

The first reel on the mechanism has snapped and cant be repaired so needs to be replaced, if anyone has one they would like to sell im interested! :D

thanks!
Attachments
Arcadian Front
Arcadian Front
Arcadian Mechanism
Arcadian Mechanism
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Cash Box Plating

Post by treefrog »

The chequerboard aluminium plate does not look terrible and do polish up well. Most I have seen replaced have used versions with larger dimples and don’t look great or plain sheet metal - even worse.

The Rotoflite clear reels on Aristocrats are very brittle and used in later machines. I would have to check if I have spares. When you do get one, I have found soaking the reel in warm water helps loosen the glue under the reel strip as they are stuck on.
seasidedan

Re: Aristocrat Cash Box Plating

Post by seasidedan »

Thanks Treefrog. If you find one in the collection I'd be interested!

Unfortunately the plate on the front wasn't in that condition when I got there to collect the machine. The previous owner had lost the key and had been quite brutal in his attempts to get the lock off. The damage was so great that I just cut the lock off with the angle grinder as the plate was beyond saving. :(