Jamiesons Mini Match & Stadium Hockey

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
gerryscherrys

Jamiesons Mini Match & Stadium Hockey

Post by gerryscherrys »

Anybody help with the manufacturer? Suspect it may be British manufacture, maybe using Bergman parts? Has that sort of European look to the mech. Thanks, Gerry.
Attachments
Mini Match
Mini Match
mech
mech
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Mini-match Hockey Machine

Post by pennymachines »

Although it's a rare one, I've occasionally seen the Mini Hockey. An earlier Six Player Hockey made by the Leipzig firm, Jentzsch & Meerz, although more on the scale of R&W's games, has the same centre-split cabinet as yours.

This one still operates at Mablethorpe:
Attachments
mini.jpg
mini.jpg (8.59 KiB) Viewed 4441 times
gerryscherrys

Re: Mini-match Hockey Machine

Post by gerryscherrys »

Thanks pennymachines. Good to get some info. It's been a mystery machine all the time I've owned it. The Mablethorpe machine looks very similar in style. Do you know if that's a Jentzsch and Meerz or the R&W that you mentioned? Good to see it's still in action. If it's anything like mine, it's a brilliant game. The balls fly all over the place - great laugh!

I've seen the flyer for the six player on the site. Mine varies slightly in that the two knobs control the goal keeper and the two players in your own half rather than one back and one forward. That's why I wondered if it might have been assembled over here using their mannequins and gear, plus there's a pencil pattern number on the underside of the mech and the seven hasn't got a line through it, which is common practice in Germany. (Elementary, my dear Dr. Watson). :)

I Suppose it would have been cheaper to import them like that rather than import the finished article, bit like Balfour did with the Ami's and Rockola with the Nova Hamburg stuff - import the hardwear, build the cabinets at home. Make any sense?
pinballalley

Jamiesons Stadium Hockey

Post by pinballalley »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Hi coinoperated forum people. I am new to this so I am here for your help. I have just purchased a Jamiesons Stadium Hockey game, but the ball release is manual with a welded on construction, 100% not original I am sure. I can’t find anything online elswhere so I am hoping a member may have an original one and can send me pictures of the inside / outside to try and replace.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help.
Attachments
20220814_132323.jpg
471.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Jamieson Mini Match & Stadium Hockey

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME:
I've merged your post with this previous query showing a picture of the mechanism, which might give you some clues. Thanks for providing the maker's name! Confusingly, Jamieson also made a wall machine called Mini-Match, perhaps why they renamed their two player hockey 'Stadium'?

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Jamieson Mini Match & Stadium Hockey

Post by pennymachines »

I notice another Jamiesons Stadium hockey sold on ebay recently. The vendor provided good pictures, including mechanism:
Attachments
s-l1600 (23).jpg
s-l1600 (24).jpg
s-l1600 (26).jpg
s-l1600 (28).jpg