Somebody knows... Maybe you?
gameswat

AMCO Tank Buster identified

Postby gameswat » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:57 am

Hey - anybody know what this is and where it came from?? I've only got these pics so far and have been told it's complete but some parts are currently off. Looks like there's some kind of missing track for a coin to roll down and you use the knob on the left to try and drop it into the tank, which sets off a buzzer and light until you release the coin with the front button. I've already questioned the owner but have yet to hear back from him. Machine is in Australia and appears to be running on 1D though don't know of any others here. US or maybe UK??? Thanks.
tank 1.jpg
tank3.jpg
tank4.jpg

malcymal

Re: unknown 50's/60's tank arcade game?

Postby malcymal » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Looks like it's been hit by a tank, good luck with it though.

coin-op
Forum Moderator

Postby coin-op » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Can't say I've ever seen one. So, although it may be British, I'm thinking not. The cabinet looks 60s/70s style. Maybe when you get it, it might be clearer whether it's got a specific manufacturer's style about it or has utilised an existing game cabinet. It may be that an operator created it as a one off or a small run. Maybe the tank, or motor will give some clue on country or origin (although I guess the tank itself could be an import/export anywhere). Hope you keep us informed as to how it progressed... definitely a neat machine!

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:27 pm

I was interested to read the post by Coin-op, as I too have never come across one in 15 + years of collecting. I also thought it looked as if it could possibly be a one-off built in an existing case. I think it was the look of the mech that made me think that. It certainly looks interesting.
I did notice it was sat on a Bryans clock if I'm not mistaken!
Looking forward to more info.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 am

Hey, thanks for the replies. So it's not english. Possibly Australian, though looks more Japanese, maybe by someone like Sega?? I once saw a long list of Sega games on someone's site but can't find it now. The artwork is silk screened and far too good for just a one off. Definitely made in some numbers. Australia went to decimal coinage in Feb 1966, so if it is 1D play it has to pre-date that. Will possibly do a trade with the owner but not sure yet.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:29 am

gameswat wrote: Will possibly do a trade with the owner but not sure yet.
What’s to think about? :D It’s a nice quirky little machine that requires a little skill and judgement to operate; am I right in thinking it is battery powered? I would find room for it in my modest collection if one turned up for sale in the UK. :tarah:

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:11 pm

I think the list of sega games was on this link http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=838.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:55 am

Finally got some more info from the owner. He says that four examples came to Australia out of New Zealand. But he thinks they were originally made in the UK! I think more likely that they were made in NZ since none of you English guys know of them nor do any Aussie collectors. I won't be trading for it though as the owner sold a good example for a hell of a lot more than I think they're worth! And I generally like them a lot older.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:45 am

gameswat wrote:I won't be trading for it though as the owner sold a good example for a hell of a lot more than I think they're worth!
Hi :D , did you get any more photos of this one or the good example machine he talks about? I would love to see the finished machine, regards Stuart. :tarah:

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 am

I doubt I'll see any more pics from the guy as it took two months to get the first lot out of him!! And email replies usually take at least a week or more..............