6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Maybe someone has this artwork? The reel is a UK produced version called Death Dive of a bicycle jump into a tiny pool, and so had a uniquely British card to go with it. I found this old arcade photograph with the artwork i need and while there is just enough there for me to work from, obviously a photo or scan of the whole card would be much better, thanks. I imagine this was a generic card that had different names painted onto it along with a photo of that reels subject. I can't remember exactly which old US magazine I read it in recently, but a UK collector interviewed had claimed that only 12 different subjects were made in the UK in the late 1920s.
- death-dive-card-orig-copya.jpg (41.76 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- death-dive-photo-3a.jpg (87.85 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- death-dive-photo-1a.jpg (169.54 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- death-dive-reel-namea.jpg (49.56 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- Site Admin
- Posts: 6593
- Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:12 am
- Reaction score: 37
- Location: The Black Country
Certainly the same reel PM. That's an odd size marquee and frame I've never seen before. Great artwork but I imagine either specially made for this electric Muto or made up more recently?
This is another British Mutoscope card I've seen. Has the Crane label on the bottom so I guess was their own in house version. Would love to see a great photo or scan of this version too.
- muto-card-brit-2-copya.jpg (96.42 KiB) Viewed 2295 times
- muto benny.jpg (38.81 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
After flattening the image and blowing up to scale I printed for re-drawing, and on close inspection everything is slightly wonky and out of line so most likely it is just a one off hand painted sign. For the time being I'll use a generic US Muto sign with correct name and photo until I can find a suitable UK sign.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest