Hansons auction 30/05/2024

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
scorpa163
Reactions score: 1

Hansons auction 30/05/2024

Post by scorpa163 »

A catalogue for a single owner collection has just appeared on their site.
For sale on 30 May , internet bidding only! All very nice machines, which should command high prices.
Massive buyer's commission, I’ve calculated it at nearly 33% !
I think Charles Hanson has been talked about on this forum before.
treefrog
Reactions score: 53

Re: Hanson Auctions

Post by treefrog »

Yes the seller who may be on this site has been advertising this for a few days… All too shiny for me… 38% with saleroom costs... I have to admit I would have chosen a cheaper auction house, eg Adam Partridge is a lot cheaper and widely known. !PUZZLED!

A nice well presented collection. !!THUMBSX2!!

Never seen a Penny Go Round in person I think… The sale is not in the auction house, but I assume in the vendor's home.

mr merrivale
Reactions score: 5

Post by mr merrivale »

Hi Tree frog
I have a Penny go Round at my Wroxham site if you ever wish to play one.
chris roadhog
Reactions score: 0

Post by chris roadhog »

I think Moonriver has a Penny Go Round. !PUZZLED!
cjfenney
Reactions score: 9

Post by cjfenney »

treefrog wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:32 pm Never seen a Penny Go Round in person I think…
I saw and played a lot on the Penny Go Round at the Penny Arcade at Woodbank Nursery, Bingley and it was very popular. The Mrs would LOVE one but I think it'll be well out of my pension plan savings pot! :HaHa:
pennymachines
Site Admin
Reactions score: 64

Re: Hansons Auction 30/05/2024

Post by pennymachines »

One of these (at the Sandy Bay Holiday Park arcade) got me addicted to slot machines.
cjfenney
Reactions score: 9

Post by cjfenney »

Can well believe that, the amount of pennies being dropped into it! :lol:
jimmycowman
Reactions score: 2

Post by jimmycowman »

This auction getting a lot of advertising it was on bbc1 news tonight at 6.30. He's hoping for over 100k...all going to be sold over the Internet. 38% commission is greedy so I'll give it a miss...
treefrog
Reactions score: 53

Post by treefrog »

jimmycowman wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:55 pm This auction getting a lot of advertising it was on bbc1 news tonight at 6.30. He's hoping for over 100k...all going to be sold over the Internet. 38% commission is greedy so I'll give it a miss...
I guess it is up to the seller as I am sure he is aware how the impact the fees affect the overall price…..but there are top estimates which I suspect have reserves…..my only query would be how you view, the auction house seems to suggest the address would only be provided after purchase which obviously vendors home rather than onsite!PUZZLED! so would you spend many thousands without looking. !OMFG! I have not queried this with the auction house, so maybe arrangements have been made.

Having said all that the seller has promoted the auction directly across Facebook groups, so I guess one can make contact directly, perhaps if nothing sells this is what will happen anyway.

The collection looks stunning with a lot of work done from one can tell from the pictures with high levels of restoration work done on most items, perhaps a bit too shiny for me :shock:

Good luck I guess with the sale |/XX\|
jimmycowman
Reactions score: 2

Post by jimmycowman »

The machines are stunning to be fair. Good luck with his auction. I wonder if a lot will go overseas?