Somebody knows... Maybe you?
fourfive

Bradshaw's Little Stockbroker

Postby fourfive » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi, I am currently restoring a Bradshaw's Little Stockbroker, but instead of it having the usual "stocks" on the disc it has the names of cricketers circa 1932-33 from the infamous "Bodyline" Ashes series. My question is this, did it leave the factory like this or has someone converted it?
brad01.jpg
brad02.jpg
brad03.jpg

daveslot

Re: Bradshaws Little Stockbroker.

Postby daveslot » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:08 pm

It's a conversion. They were converted from the boring stocks and shares. I have seen other variations - I have one featuring car manufacturers. By the way, I think I was the under-bidder on yours on ebay.

fourfive

Postby fourfive » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 pm

(Topics merged - site admin.)
Can anyone offer me any tips or guidance on how to set up one of these machines. !PUZZLED!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Bradshaws Little Stockbroker.

Postby pennymachines » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:38 pm

The full patent for Bradshaw's Little Stockbroker is in the Archive/Patents Page 3: Patent 288,744 (Acrobat Reader required). This gives a detailed description of the mechanism - maybe it will help.

As I'm sure you know, the payouts operate on a predetermined cycle, and are received only after inserting another coin and pulling the trigger (future payout system). Coins held in the sleeves corresponding to lose positions on the dial are released sequentially to the cash box.

silverbitz

The Little Stockbroker

Postby silverbitz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm

(Topics merged - site admin.)

Hi Everyone,
I have just taken delivery of this Little Stockbroker which was, I believe recently entered in the Elephant house auction. Not sure what happened but I ended up with it via eBay. And now the work begins. The question is... I have used 'plus gas' to release the nut which holds on the large disc to the rear. Unfortunately, that's where it all 'stopped'. I can't for life of me work out why the disc won't come off? Anyone come across this one before?
Picture-001a.jpg
Picture-004a.jpg
Picture-005a.jpg

silverbitz

Re: The Little Stockbroker

Postby silverbitz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi again........
Panic over!!... A little more force and I managed to convince it to come off!! Now look at the state of that! Wouldn't mind but the thing doesn't fit into my 'shot blaster', so it's all by hand now!
Picturea.jpg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: The Little Stockbroker

Postby pennymachines » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:31 pm

silverbitz wrote:Wouldn't mind but the thing doesn't fit into my 'shot blaster', so it's all by hand now!
A bit messy, but maybe you could put some goggles on and bead blast it in a large cardboard box?

silverbitz

Re: Bradshaw's Little Stockbroker

Postby silverbitz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Mmmm... not such a bad idea! I've stripped it down and have managed to blast everything except the outer case which missed fitting the blaster by about an inch! I've just read the patents about it and found that quite useful. I couldn't really see how it worked as everything was locked solid but I'm now starting to get the picture.
The handle is proving difficult to get off. It had a metal 'holding peg' to the rear which eventually I had to drill out, only to find it's still locked solid. I think the axle has been hammered slightly over the operating bar, so this may have to see a grinder and perhaps a friendly mechanic may have one of those push-rod gadgets.
Was there ever any original colours for this machine? There's only a few pics out there, one light blue, the other gloss black which doesn't look too bad.

silverbitz

Postby silverbitz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

My scrap metal looks a little better now?
Picture-011a.jpg
Picture-010a.jpg
Picture-009a.jpg

treefrog

Re: Bradshaw's Little Stockbroker

Postby treefrog » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Wow !!THUMBSX2!!

It looks great, compared to what we saw a while back, I assume it is all working now as well..