Brighton Jukebox & Retro Show

General vintage slot machine related topics.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Brighton Jukebox & Retro Show

Post by pennymachines »

Just a reminder...
Attachments
Jukebox-A4-Poster.gif
grabber

Re: Brighton Jukebox & Retro Show

Post by grabber »

I went to the jukebox show in Brighton today, Sunday. I spent about an hour there - only a few arcade machines, one Merchantman crane, a clown catcher and a sweet vendor. Mostly 1950s clothes, ornaments and records, a few American cars outside.
Kempton Park is the better show I think.
Attachments
jukebox madness 012.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes, after last year I did not want to make the trip. I might try Kempton, but events are becoming thin on the ground these days.
grabber

Post by grabber »

More pictures:
Attachments
JM-crane.jpg
jm-clown.jpg
jm-clown.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 4165 times
jm-elvis.jpg
jm-vendor.jpg
jm-1.jpg
JMComposite1.jpg
JMComposite2.jpg
malc

Post by malc »

I didn't go this year as I was disappointed last year due to the lack of slots and money burning a hole in my pocket however maybe I'm missing the point. It does state Jukebox Fair/Show so maybe we are all expecting too much; in terms of jukeboxes they were plenty there last year. If it said coin operated amusement fair then I would feel hard done by. As it is, expect Jukeboxes, records and things connected with the fifties to be present at this show.
It was the case last year that the allwins, bandits etc. were highly overpriced and it all smacked of opportunism. If the pennymachines crew are running their Coventry auction this year, then I'm gonna get myself down there, as at least you know coin-op stuff will be present with some good bargains to be had.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

............... so long as you guys dig out machines to sell, we'll run the auction. !!YABBADABBA!!
momo

Post by momo »

The Jukebox Show at Brighton: Not too bad a day - the weather was nice and sunny and the drive from London with no traffic a dream.

Jukes thin on the ground and mostly records/clothing etc. A good band on Saturday and a few beers had. I will go back and support the show as if we don't they will die. !!JUNK!!
grabber

Post by grabber »

Oh by the way - the Merchantman crane was four thousand euro :shock:
and the American sweet vending machine sixteen hundred :NBG:
I did not ask about the clown catcher :!?!:
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I will go back and support the show as if we don't they will die.
....................and the same goes for Coventry.
Juicy Fruit

Post by Juicy Fruit »

Hi , Newbie here. I went to the show last year as it`s near to me .( missed this one :( ) , I well remember days spent as a kid @ the Palace Pier . Those machines were old then - in the 60`s . Fascinating things though. Well, I pushed the boat out recently at an auction and bought a Novomat. Now I see on the web they are not so good :-( But it was from some of the profit I made on radio stuff from the same auction a month ago. So could an expert give me a honest opinion please. ? I do like the look of it because it`s similar to my Bal-Ami model E jukebox...No one likes those either . But when you " get into" one and find a Leak amp. and a Goodmans Audiom 60 speaker, you realise why it sounds better than it looks .I probably won`t be able to contribute much to the forum , but hope to learn from it. Best Wishes to you all. Nige
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

H Nige ........

Join the forum as a member and then post us some photos. Over the years, I've had several German machines ending in ****mat and am very fond of them. We're not all hooked on gleaming chrome and top end market machines. All slots are attractive in my eyes and bring back different childhood memories.

Let's hear more **xXx** from you
momo

Post by momo »

We all have our favourites and not all top pieces, I love certain jukes that no one likes but hey-ho that's what makes it fun !!CHEERS!!