Autopay allwins in Bridlington

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Autopay allwins in Bridlington

Post by pennymachines »

I played these smart B.M. Co. allwins in Bridlington last weekend. It's unusual to see such nice allwins in a public arcade (Premier Amusements, Prince Street). The automatic, weight-driven carousel payouts performed immaculately.
The same arcade had two Crompton Tooty Fruities (one just visible in the picture below) and a row of five Snap machines - See Snap.
Photos courtesy Jon Kalb
Attachments
premier.jpg
Playball 1
Playball 1
Playball 2
Playball 2
Digger & Little Mickey
Digger & Little Mickey
willborl

Re: Autopay allwins in Bridlington

Post by willborl »

They are lovely looking machines !!THUMBSX2!!

Were they originally manual payout, only the holes on the left are for where the payout knob should be?

I've seen others that don't have any holes there at all, like the one below.
Attachments
bmcplay3.jpg
JC

Post by JC »

Always nice to see a few vintage machines in a modern arcade. Has anyone noticed that two of the allwins have the wrong topflashes? The multi-cup Playball and Little Mickey should be the other way round.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I'd noticed the topflashes weren't quite right but hadn't figured they were simply switched.
As you say, WillBorl, the holes do suggest these cases were made for the manual payout versions. Your picture reminds me that the payout cups were the wrong shape and, more significantly, too high compared to the standard auto pay machine. That makes me wonder - would there be room for the carousel payout mechanism? If not, were they using some sneaky electrickery for the payouts?
raj

Post by raj »

I bought one from this arcade some years ago & although it worked just fine, it was a safety nightmare, with 240v floating around adjacent to the coin runway metalwork, on a 13A fuse ! Needless to say, I sold it with a massive safety caveat. It went for a very high price at the time.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Richard Goddard's article about these clever (non-electric) automatic machines, The BMCo Coin Repeat Allwin is now in the Arena.