Aristocrat - Deci King

General vintage slot machine related topics.
brianjc

Aristocrat - Deci King

Post by brianjc »

Hi,
I’m new to all this so please help, I’m going to pick up an Aristocrat Deci King bandit this weekend and hope someone can guide me through the do’s and don’t on looking after this bandit, the bandit has a live jackpot and plays on new 10p coins.

Anything would be helpful like how to fill the jackpot with coins and general maintenance; even a manual etc would be useful to have?

I’ve been trawling the net reading up on bandits and think they’re absolutely fantastic machines and so interesting.

I’ve been in the fruit machine industry for 33 years with JPM International so only know how new modern machines work, I feel passionate about getting this and would like to know so much more.

Kind regards, Brian.
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat - Deci King

Post by treefrog »

Brian,

Welcome to the forum.
If this was the machine in Cornwell, it looked like a nice machine especially the chrome.

I am a bit of a fan of Aristocrats and have similar machines. To be honest if it is running well, there is little you need to do in terms of maintenance, except like a car the lack of use tends to be the worst thing. This should be handy as your can use the modern 10p. This may have been an old 5p machine as most were, so you may find the payouts are slightly different to advertised if the coins slides have not been changed. In terms of the jackpot, either wait for it to fill up or you can hand fill it from the top.

If you want to learn about how they work in case you wish to take on more challenging maintenance work you check check out the library for useful books here or there some DVD's often on sale on ebay showing how to strip machines down as most bandits work on the same principle.

Enjoy the machine
brianjc

Post by brianjc »

Thanks very much for your help, I'm sure I'll have a few more questions for you this weekend!
Cheers, Brian.
Malcymal offline

Post by Malcymal offline »

If you are picking it up mind your back! heavy machine, all metal. If the coin slides pay short you could contact Henry Powells (1armedbandit.co.uk) as they are bound to have modded slides to give you correct payout shown on award card. I have a Powell's Jubilee Riviera Bar x Star - all payouts perfect so they know what they are doing, as these were on a shilling originally. Malc
brianjc

Post by brianjc »

Thanks Malc,
As a matter of interest can you frig the machine to pay out the jackpot?
Cheers, Brian.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Stop the vane on top of the clock at the back, that will stop the cycle, line up the required winning reel combination and let go of the vane. Same for most 3 reelers................... assuming I've understood the correct meaning of "frig" ?
brianjc

Post by brianjc »

Hi Malc,
What I mean sorry is just wanted to see the machine pay a jackpot before 8000 pulls!
Cheers, Brian.
Malc offline

Post by Malc offline »

When you say frig, are you saying adjust it? You could do this - certainly machines have been adjusted to pay out less. My first Mills Hi Top was adjusted not to pay out on one cherry. One of the payout holes on the reel cog was welded over.

If you wanted to increase the odds you would have to reproduce the reel strips (Powells do a reel strip reproduction service) with the addition of extra jackpot symbols, then drill out on the payout cogs to the corresponding symbol. You can up payouts by buying new payout forks (some people call these ticklers) and cutting them to size so they actuate a higher payout slide. I did this with my Sega as all the awards had been made into 10 coin payout. I took them back to original payouts of up to 21 coins and jackpot trip.

If you just want to see the jackpot drop, as suggested, do this with the mech out, by stopping the clock lining up the jackpot, or alternatively, with the mech in the cabinet, pull the handle and line up symbols by hand.

I had to smile when you said you worked for JPM - my favourite JPM machine about 25 years ago was the up-down nudger. Many machines we nobbled by wetting a 2 pence coin and flicking it upwards in the coin slot instead of using a 10p coin.... naughty at the time, but oh so effective.
brianjc

Post by brianjc »

So it was you taking our profits lol !!
I have a list of machine frauds as long as an MP's receipts!

Post by Guest »

Brianjc wrote:So it was you taking our profits lol !!
I have a list of machine frauds as long as an MP's receipts!
Not as fraudulent as the Bell Fruit designer (cops and robbers machine wasn't it?) programmed hidden cheat into machine to go into a mode when credit was at £2.60. Guy travelled the service stations and netted £40k total; two years in clink for his efforts.
brianjc

Post by brianjc »

Hi Malc,
I've got the bandit and its brill, just trying to workout how the jackpot housing works, there is a flap that I believe drops when you get a jackpot, but it's in the open position. Just need to know how to close it?
malc offline

Post by malc offline »

The flap should close when payout slides reset on handle pull, on most machines there is normally a nipple/lug on the top payoutslide that pushes the flap shut. Im not familiar with the aristocrat machine, it could be different, i know from my old mills hitop that it was a right pain in the bottom to get alligned when there were problems. Take a photo if you get stuck post it on here and we shall try and work out what is going on. I dont think there have been many posts about your machine so be good for reference if we can fathom it out.
Best thing you can do is take mech out, actuate handle release and manually push down on the reel starter. I find it just best to observe what is going on, working out how the thing all links up, see if there is anything that moves on the jackpot mech, something not quite alligned right, spring missing, come off, bolt missing, loose, etc...
brianjc

Post by brianjc »

Worked it out thanks, I simply pulled the flap up and it locked into position, it was a bit tight as I was worried it would cause damage!
Also I think either the reel bands are incorrect or the award card is? it pays out as it should but the reel bands have 'aristocrat' instead of single bars, would you know where I can find how they should be?
malc offline

Post by malc offline »

Okay, that figures, the jackpot door is purely stiff from sitting around and of course as it doesnt drop much will seize. My twin jackpot jubilee had same problem. A very fine film of gunge on the edges, slight film of rust that wedged when jackpot came up. I used some autosol on the sides to buff off the crud and it works fine now. The Aristocrat symbols on the reels, wow, thats a first; they are the original symbols. The payout award would say bar bar bar, but those aristocrat reel symbols for bars are correct. Many machines ive seen have lost this touch and have the bar symbol just made up in photoshop. From memory your aristocrat bar symbols should be yellow. Keep them as is, as they are pucker original symbols!!!!!.