Aristocrat 'Golden Dragon' how old?

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Aristocrat 'Golden Dragon' how old?

Post by coppinpr »

I've just finished work on this Aristocrat Olympic Golden Dragon and I'm selling it on ebay, I just want to make sure I got the date right, I think 1970-73 would that be about right?
Thanks, Paul....
Attachments
aristo1.jpg
arist2a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat 'Golden Dragon' how old?

Post by treefrog »

Hey nice advert for your machine.......

Somethimes the date is stamped on the serial number plate on the side, often with only the last two digits of the date.

Well I have refurbed a few of these and instead on sticking them on ebay have found a great alternative for bedside lamps, although they are not so good for reading, but at least let you sort of find your slippers.....
Attachments
CIMG1649.JPG
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Reg plate was first place I looked but for some crazy reason someone has painted over the reg plates with Hammerite! I know they started putting serious lights in their machines about 1970, so I guess I'll leave it at that. The mech was cleanest I've ever seen, almost like new... but was gummed up solid, nothing moved an inch. Still it was fun stripping it down :lol:
speedwell

Post by speedwell »

Why don't you try selling in the Market here sometime ?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Apologies I forgot to make the bed..... !!UHOH!!

Personally I would carefully scratch off the paint to be more authentic, as I have done on quite a few machines, they are generally robust.
speedwell

Post by speedwell »

Come to think about it, why not auction it here?
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Looks nice. Is the middle reel slightly out of alignment? They are lovely mechs and have a distinctly silky refined sound to them too. There have been a lot on ebay lately. Have you thought about selling it through a local shop ad? I sold another Riviera the other day by posting a card in a shop near the local private estate; snapped up in a couple of days at £300, didn't pay any fees and it cost me a pound for the advert.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Crikey, have I really been on here 10 years, where did that decade go? Well hunting on the internet for Aristocrat Olympic and what comes up on first search is this old post I'm posting in here. For some reason and can't remember correctly, I think I swapped it with somebody on here for Sega hi top in bits and I am the proud owner. It's the only machine my wife lets me have in the dining room. I know it's the exact machine because it had the silver paint on the top part and the serial plate was yes, covered in blue paint which I just rubbed off. Under that silver paint the chrome was actually in very good order as is apparent in the photos attached. It actually runs on 20p coins - has had the coin entry slightly opened by laser cutting. All a bit random posting this time in the future but amused me how machines circulate around the country. Sorry, don't know why photos go on their sides??!?! Must be an Apple thing. :!?!:
Attachments
sideway2a.jpg
sideway1a.jpg
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

malcymal wrote:Sorry, don't know why photos go on their sides??!?! Must be an Apple thing.
Never had that problem with posting pics on my mac? :!?!:
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Well it seems to have corrected itself. They were on their side.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

malcymal wrote:Well it seems to have corrected itself. They were on their side
I have seen pics on their side on the Forum before, perhaps one of the Forum mods corrected them.