Mills(?) silver Bells

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Mills(?) silver Bells

Post by coppinpr »

Just out of interest, can anyone tell me about this machine on ebay? I'm not interested in buying it, it just looks odd; the side panels look slightly curved and very new and the guy says (and this seems hard to believe) that the back is riveted on and he's never seen inside, but it works OK. Sounds strange??
The item number on ebay is 110661118484
Attachments
bell-1.jpg
treefrog

Re: Mills(?) silver Bells

Post by treefrog »

Looks a reasonable machine, and maybe original wrinkle paint as these Mill-o-Matic machines often had this type of two tone finish. The curve may be right as Hi tops castings do have a slight natural curve.... I suspect if the seller is stating the rear door is riveted on, they may be referring to the rivets on the tamper proof bar at the top and may know little about the machine.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Looks nice.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I suggested to the guy that he was just not seeing the lock and it turned out that was the case !!UHOH!! Hes now got it open and it looks to be in remarkable condition (hes adding new photos) the jackpot unit looks new,as dose the whole mech really, the mech has all the jackpot parts, the coin box looks original ,still with its own lock (no key i fear) . I'm no expert,am i missing something or is this machine in pristean condition? as i say,im not in the market for it but its interesting. the guy (says) he bought it cheap at a general auction without even looking inside it, he could be telling porky pies but then again he did ask me if he should take £290 from an out of auction buyer. I think he will get much more,any views on that?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As stated above from what we can see, it looks good and worth the money, even chrome handle looks good....as with all thing closer inspection can always reveal a different world as I often find to my discontent.....

If it were closer, I would have a punt myself to add to the other 20...

Only observation for purists, is it has a Shefras escalator, low cost change, buy one for £50 and sell the shefras for £35....

Go for it !!THUMBSX2!!