i need help - allwins

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
dcs

i need help - allwins

Post by dcs »

hi'

i want to build allwins

i don't find plans inside the machine and i don't now how it is work inside.

please help me.

where i can get a plans for allwins machine

thanks

david

Admin note: Email address removed to prevent Spam.
Attachments
tencup1.jpg
tencup1.jpg (12.99 KiB) Viewed 12126 times
JC

Post by JC »

Hello David

I'm afraid your chances of finding drawings to construct an allwin are pretty slim, in fact probably zero! The allwin was never patented (normally the patents office is a good starting point for obtaining construction details and drawings) and to the best of my knowledge there are no surviving works drawings from the many manufacturers who built allwins over the six or seven decades of the machines popularity.
Many of the later manufacturers of the 40s and 50s onward, merely copied earlier machines, using exactly the same internal parts, and probably never worked to proper engineering drawings.
You don't say why you want to build an allwin? If it's just 'for the hell of it' (and why not)? you really have no choice but to copy another machine, although I think you'll find the cost of producing 'one off parts' prohibitive.

Anyway, good luck with your project!

Jerry :D
dcs

Jerry hello

Post by dcs »

Jerry hi

did you know how the part that give the money work ?

I'm don't understand how it's work ?

When I insert the ball to the hole (1 , 2 or 4 ), I turn the button and then the money out .

How the part that give the money "know" to give me 2 coin and not 4 coin ?

How the mechanical this part work ? you know if there is explanation or drawing detailed about this part ?

I'm want to build this proj' for learn and fun

Thanks for your help

david
Attachments
SUNBURST ALLWIN.jpg
SUNBURST ALLWIN.jpg (20.45 KiB) Viewed 12072 times
dsc03601.jpg
dsc03601.jpg (60.45 KiB) Viewed 12071 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

David ...... if you visit Melvyn Wright's site http://www.melright.com/bryans/ (you will also find a link there from the archive section of this site over on the left of this page) You will find photos of the insides of allwins.

You'll need to peer carefully, but keep in mind that the winning ball depresses levers that then raise catches which in turn allow the nob to be turned, and you should work it out. The more coins won equals more levers to be depressed in turn.

Have a look, you may get the answers you're searching for.
Good Luck
Badpenny :***
dcs

Post by dcs »

Badpenny hello

I know the site and the pic but still I don't understand how it's work.
If I would know somebody wite allwins 1 ball - it to be easy to understand the machine.

The picture hide the important process that I need to understand the operation.

Do you know how it's work ? do you can draw the idea of this part ?

I desperate - if I have more option to find infotmation about this machine?

Thanks for your help

david
Attachments
Copy of tencup2.jpg
Copy of tencup2.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 12051 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You are lucky, the problem that most of us have is the metal bits are missing, and we all we have left is the back of the wooden door with outlines of the missing bits stained onto it!

Trying to explain how it operates by mail is like describing over the phone how to drive a car, when the other person has only seen the headlights and number plate.
Suggest you either: -
* Buy one £400 - £500 learn from it and sell it on
* Buy one of the splendid reproductions from Nostalgic Machines much cheaper, then do same.
* Tell us where you live and hope somebody nearby offers to let you visit and have a look
* Wait until somebody else comes along with a better vocabulary than me who can get across in under hundreds of words a meaningful explanation.

Best Of Luck

Badpenny :tarah:
dcs

Post by dcs »

Badpenny hello

i live in the middle east .

thank you for your halp

probably i wait maybe someone know.

and again thank you

david
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Hi David,
maybe this will help you. Using the latest picture of the mechanism you posted on the forum, this is how the mechanism works.

On the right of the picture is a bar which runs vertically almost the whole length of the back of the machine. At the bottom of this vertical bar is a link to the payout handle on the front of the machine. Also linked to the vertical bar around the same area is a horizontal bar which is linked to the payout slide on the left.

1. Payout action
When a ball enters a winning hole, you can turn the payout handle and this causes the vertical bar to move. This action moves the payout slide (which is connected to the vertical bar by a bar), so that it pushes a coin into the payout cup on the front. HOWEVER, until a ball enters a winning hole, a horizontal bar at the centre of the vertical bar (see 2. below), prevents a player from turning the payout handle to get a payout.That deals with the method of payout.

2.Allowing a payout
The other important part of the payout operation is the horizontal bar connected to the vertical bar just below the centre of the vertical bar. This horizontal bar is the part which controls WHEN a payout of a coin can be made. In the normal resting position this bar is at a slight angle and dips down on the right hand end so it rests on a casting (and this stops the player from being able to turn the payout handle to move the vertical rod and get a payout). When a ball enters a winning hole, the ball rests on the left end of the horizontal bar. The weight of the ball on this end of the horizontal bar causes it to tilt down to the left. This clears the bar from the casting on the right upon which it normally rests. This frees the vertical rod now allows the player to turn the payout handle so that the vertical bar can move freely as described in 1. above.

I hope this goes some way to clearing things up. However, I am sure someone else can explain it simpler (so hope someone out there feels inclined to have a go!). If this helps and you want any part cleared up; just ask
dcs

Post by dcs »

coin up

it's helper - but i have idea.

i give number for all part in the pic - and then maybe it was clear.

thank you

i will back with other guestion
dcs

Post by dcs »

COIN OP

DID YOU CAN to explain by the number ?

thank you
Attachments
ALLWINS22.png
ALLWINS22.png (243.47 KiB) Viewed 12035 times