Sega Victory

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
masgalaxy

Re: Sega Victory

Post by masgalaxy »

Hi,

The french guy is back ! :shock:
Well, I had a quick look on the electric system. When I plug the machine, I have 230 v (good !) but on the coin acceptor, I have only 3 v. It seems to be poor, does it ? !PUZZLED!

I think the all week end will be on this electric system. !PUNISH!

Cheers
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Oh you're French?
Excuse me while I relax my stiff upper lip so I can sip my tea.

I imagine your reading of 230 v is Alternating Current and the 3 v is Direct Current? As has already been suggested a dry connection is likely to give such a low voltage reading.

Does the power get as far as the blue solenoid? If so what reading? I imagine you'd need at least 15 volt DC to make it twitch.

If the voltage is high before it gets to the coin accepting microswitch then try bypassing the microswitch and see if the solenoid moves then.

BP
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

First check your wiring, after the transformer.
The Voltage from the transformer is AC.

Is there a bridge rectifier on it? AC to DC.

salut Masgalaxy
verifies ta sortie de transfo pour voir si il y a du courant (alternatif) ensuite il devrait y avoir un pont de diodes pour passer l'alternatif en continue
ce genre de truc:
96e813f9ad27934.jpg
96e813f9ad27934.jpg (8.35 KiB) Viewed 3476 times

ou:
pont-diode-b250c-5000a.png
pont-diode-b250c-5000a.png (80.56 KiB) Viewed 3476 times

si le pont de diode est mort tu n'auras pas de courant, une photo de l ensemble transfo? stp

or is it all AC?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Après vous faites cuire les moules ajouter le vin et faire monter la pression.
3905767019_00f92fdf6d_o.jpg

It will be DC surely after the transformer.
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

Only if there is a bridge rectifier... ;-)

There is a yellow plug not plugged!! !!ESCAPE!!
masgalaxy

Post by masgalaxy »

Hi everybody,

Thank you for your support.
I checked the transformer, I have DC power (in and out). I can't find a bridge rectifier ...
I think the violet cable is the earth (?) but it is cut (normal ?)

transfo.jpg

Another question about the coin adaptor : it seems that something is missing there ... an elastic ????
inside 11 copy.jpg

Salut Urbanbody,
J'ai du courant alternatif en entree et sortie du transfo. Le fil violet me semble etre la masse mais le fil est coupé. Est ce normal ?
Quelle puissance dois je trouver en sortie du transfo ?
Je ne vois pas de pont de diodes ...

Sur le coin adaptor, j'ai l'impression qu'il manque une pièce du type élastique ....

Merci, thanks

Edit : sorry, the second photo was not the good one ....
Don't have a look on this photo :
Attachments
100_0039 copy.jpg
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

difficile de repondre sans les schemas et codes couleur pour les cables
la priorité serait de trouver ce schema

photo 1
le connecteur a un paquet de fils coupés et t'as des fils avec du scotch isolant qui pendent... tu crois pas que l'ensemble a été coupé a l'arrache pour etre en free play?

photo 2 une vue plus rapprochée nous serait utile... :cool: penses tu qu il manque un ressort de rappel?
le cable mauve est commun avec le rouge et bleu?

photo 3 ça ressemble plus a un cache qu 'a un connecteur?

il n'est pas present sur cette photo:
inside 10.jpg
inside 10.jpg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 3476 times

urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

badpenny wrote:Which ..... frogs or snails?
i don't really like frogs :no taste at all...... but snails are really delicious!
:didact:
let'em without food for 4 days, then rince 'em with salted water

slice onions,garlic,persil,laurier
cook'em in three teaspoon of olive oil for 5 minutes, add the onions for 5minutes then the garlic
cover the snails with one part of "cotes du rhone rouge" and "one part of cotes du rhone blanc" (not the cheapest ones)
add the rest of the ingredients
salt ;pepper and let it cook slowly for 2 or three hours or more ...'til the sauce is dark and creamy
take 'em out with a non used toothpick and...

...enjoy!! :cool:
masgalaxy

Post by masgalaxy »

Salut,

Je vais essayer de faire un schéma ...

Sur la photo 1, les fils qui pendent sont connectés au fusible. A priori, rien à signaler de ce coté car j'ai bien 230 volt qui arrivent au transfo. A la sortie du transfo, je trouve environ 28 volt en courant alternatif.

Sur la photo 2, le fil jaune avec embout rouge est en haut et le bleu et relié en bas avec le violet. Voici un photo rapprochée :
close up.JPG

Sur la photo 3, il s'agissait d'un cache (que j'ai enlevé) et qui devrait permettre le freeplay.
Merci à toi

I like snails too ! Thank you for the recipe. !!THUMBSX2!!
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

the wiring has been modified...one yellow cable has been cut and the purple is soldered by a noob! :o

here we can see a lot of cable have been cut on the connector (what do you plug on it?)

i'm almost sure the red and blue cables above the fuse holder was on the connector
i suppose you connect the rest of the machine on it?
masgalaxy

Post by masgalaxy »

Hi,

I checked the microswitches. They work :HaHa: except this part :
close up.JPG

I do not have any signal. I think this part is dead ! :cry: Do you know the name of this part ? Do you think I could find such a part ?

I think you're right the wiring has been modified. For the moment, all the machine is in AC power. Do you think parts are missing for the DC power (if needed) ?

Thank for your help.

Cheers
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That part is a solenoid.
There should be a spring on the left hand side keeping it open.
I guess it is part of the coin rejector mechanism and the idea is that when the power is off the solenoid isn't energised. Consequently the spring opens it and part of the gate in the coin rejector reacts and any coins put in while the power is off are diverted back to the player.

Try rewiring that point, although I am still puzzled as to why it's AC, however I get confused easily. For example your TV series Les Revenants is it a true documentary?

BP ...... now scared of reservoirs.
masgalaxy

Post by masgalaxy »

Hi,
Of course Les Revenants is a true documentary !!YIPPEE!! !!ESCAPE!!

I found this diagram on the forum (but for a Sega Continental) :
wireing.gif

Do you think I could use it for my Sega Victory ?

How to repair the solenoid ?

Cheers,
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

Not sure the solenoid is dead. It's a coil, you can measure its resistance.
You can test this one with a 12v power supply (ATX or lab power supply, even in DC).

Almost all of the coils on your machine are in 28v (except the step up coil in 48 DC).

Test the Voltage on the transformer; try to locate all the coils and what they do on your machine; (I don't know what a STEP UP coil does....) and see if there is a huge difference with this schematic, but for sure it can help.

Always begin at the beginning, follow the power (or the white rabbit) to the transformer, then after the transformer check the color cables etc. etc. Never go too fast, always RE-check your job.
Good luck.
jeanmi
masgalaxy

Post by masgalaxy »

Hi JeanMi(chel?) and everybody,

Strange situation !PUZZLED!
3 cables from the transformer and 9 to the mech :oops:
cables.JPG
cables.JPG (34.56 KiB) Viewed 3296 times

Will try to draw a diagram, but at this time, not very easy :dammit: .... I think something is missing ... dirtdog Any ideas ?

But very good weather in France, sun is shinning :cool: . So, that's fine !PARTY!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I do have an original Sega Windsor service book with wiring diagram. I keep making promises on here to so many people, but if I can get my scanner workng, will try and post in the resorces. I think I also have a breaker machine, so maybe able to help with parts.....one of these days I will ensure I match the offers with results
masgalaxy

Post by masgalaxy »

A sega windsor service book will be great. Thanks.
If you still have this slot machine, could send some photos ?
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

masgalaxy wrote:Hi JeanMi(chel?) and everybody,

Strange situation !PUZZLED!
3 cables from the transformer and 9 to the mech :oops:
CABLES.jpg

Will try to draw a diagram, but at this time, not very easy :dammit: .... I think something is missing ... dirtdog Any ideas ?

But very good weather in France, sun is shinning :cool: . So, that's fine !PARTY!
c'est quand meme ce que je me tue a te dire depuis pas mal de posts..... ;-)
en anglais: i'm killing myself to tell you that since the begining...

if you want to draw a diagram, make it cable after cable, take the pins with the cable color code 20 (blue) and follow it, try to see if its right on the diagram,
On your pics, we can see missing cables are the blue and red ones. I'm sure they are the cables near the fuse holder. Need to see the 'light cables'.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I dont have a lot to do with electro mechanical machines so I cant help much with the wiring but I do have a few basic comments,
1. if the solenoid shown above is rewired and had a new spring fitted it might well work but would not actualy do anything as it is shown in the photo, it does not appear to be connected to any mechanical parts or switches, solenoids do not do anything on there own, they are slaves to mechanical parts,in the photo no parts are visable?
2. why were the wires cut in the first place? conversion,re-wire, butchery !PUZZLED! you need to know this first
3. there seems to be a lot of mains current flowing about looking for a good ground connection, make sure its not you :!:
masgalaxy

Post by masgalaxy »

Hi

I know JeanMi is killing himself to tell me what to do since the biginnin' and I really try to do my best !
For me, this is the first time for repairing a slotmachine, so !.. Not very easy for me! :dammit:
That's why a diagran will help me !!ESCAPE!!

Cheers,