Somebody knows... Maybe you?
polaris

Nestle Win a Choc

Postby polaris » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Picked up another resto that I may get 'round to, if I ever grow another pair of arms. Bought the first one of this type of machine a couple of months ago (on another post), so a steep learning curve ahead. Would it appear to be complete, other than the obvious trigger missing? Or have I bought a basket case?
009.JPG
003.JPG
Pic with trigger missing. See one in the Market. Would it be compatible with this machine?
008.JPG

jimmy55

Re: Nestle Win a Choc

Postby jimmy55 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Backflash looks in good condition ...makes a nice change. !THUMBS!

polaris

Postby polaris » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:26 pm

I think, on closer inspection Jimmy, not so good. There's some artwork here in Resources which is very good. I may have a new one made. The flash in the top window is also in bad shape. It appears to be printed on clear plastic which flakes off when touched, so it needs to be done also. I think this will keep me going over the winter months.

jimmy55

Postby jimmy55 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:40 pm

If you decide to whip the backflash off, send me a PM and I can always scan it in like John's Win A Penguin.

I've yet to find the right media for printing on a translucent film, but I've got a few ideas. Give me a shout if you need any help. Looks like a nice image. !!CHEERS!!

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:48 pm

There already is artwork for this in the Resources
Win a Nestlé's flashes

I assume the flicker in the Market is a Nostalgic one and may well work or be adapted. I am sure I remember someone suggesting these were similar to Olly Whales machines. Also JC's site may have an original, as I know he had a few OW spares there.... Looks a good project though.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:46 am

I've yet to find the right media for printing on a translucent film, but I've got a few ideas
I don't know if would work, but have you tried Letraset "safmat" adhesive printing film? It works on Laser and IJ printers. I use 8 * 10, but I believe they do bigger sizes.

polaris

Postby polaris » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks for the offer Jimmy. I may yet take you up on it. I know nothing about printing, but my initial idea was to have a new one printed and laminated? The first thing is the cabinet resto. I will start to scan the internet for info on wood restoration, as other than the obvious sanding, I would not know where to begin. The mech is also rusted solid, so a lot of hours ahead with the Dremel.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:46 am

For reference JC's site is http://www.allwinspares.co.uk/

I could not see an OW trigger there, but you will see two types of Nostalgic ones.... One is a set like the one in the Market and just a trigger with a 10mm barrel. The question is, do you have the hammer? If not, it may be worthwhile going for the kit. JC should be able to confirm if these will fit an OW machine or someone else on the Forum may know and will be able to confirm. I would have thought it would....

jimmy55

Postby jimmy55 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks Paul, I'll look out for that film. I can try on both types of printer. White is always the problem, as they don't have white ink, so it would have to be sprayed on the transparent background area somehow.

Give me a shout any time Polaris. For Johns 'Penguin' we printed on a photo matt paper and I heat-sealed it front and back, which seems to work. Ideal for the opaque area.

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi polaris, Classicgambler has a complete trigger assembly for sale in The Market section of this website !THUMBS!