Anthony & Staff

General vintage slot machine related topics.
skippy

Anthony & Staff

Post by skippy »

Hi, another new member from down under.

I bought this machine a few weeks ago. I think it was made by a small company from Aristocrat parts. I don't have anything to contribute but I thought I would post a few pics because it is hard to find information and somebody else might find it useful.

It wasn't working and in pieces when I got it but I have it working now, not 100% as it is missing a few parts but operational.

I am not restoring it merely cleaning it up. It had a bit of surface rust on the chrome, the timber at the top was buggered and had had water sitting in the bottom. I have cleaned the chromework up there is some damage to the chrome in places but not to bad. I cut the timber off level with the top of the main part of the machine and currently I am cleaning the bottom tray area where the draw slides into. Anyway will post some pics of before and the progress so far. I was going to try and remove the artwork at the bottom and clean the perspex but it started to tear so I thought it would be best to leave it.

Great site, the best I have found so far with lots of good information. With so many machines down under you think it would be easy to find info but not so :!?!:
abefore1.jpg

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

inside1.jpg

inside2.jpg

treefrog

Re: Anthony & Staff

Post by treefrog »

Gooday Skippy,

Another new member from down under, I guess hardly surprising as you have one of the largest manufacturers of slot machines in the world, Aristocrat.

Your machine looks all Aristocrat to me, based on the Grosvenor model from mid. '60s to early '70s. Only difference being the front around the reel window I have never seen. I assume the wood is only on the sides as bolt ons, as the cabinet should be all metal.
skippy

Re: Anthony & Staff

Post by skippy »

Hi treefrog it does look like the ones you said.
The timber appears to be bolted and I think glued as well, I tried to remove the left hand side to have a look but couldn't. Looking from the inside it appears that it wasn't made to not have timber as the steel framework has some gaps so couldn't be used without the timber. I have it paying out correctly now but because the two? top slides are missing once 17 coins have accumulated they start spilling out into the mechanism so I am going to make a piece of nylon with a hole in it and mount it at the bottom of the tube where the missing slides should be so the coins continue to build up into the tube until I can find some replacement slides. It will only pay out 18 coins with this setup though.