Coin operated fortune teller on ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
longbobongo

Re: Coin operated fortune teller on ebay

Post by longbobongo »

I'm the seller of the fortune teller. And as moon river clearly knows more about the machine then me. Have you seen the machine in person or have you seen the auction catalogue or have a copy to be able to compare the two? With your comments with nothing to back up that I'm trying to pass as the same in the catalogue. Show me some evidence apart from an opinion that this is a different machine... from at best your memory. As far as I know 3 post card vendor fortune teller machines were made all 3 with different themes.

The case is clearly is a Bryans post card vendor from 1940s. The mechanism may not be all that old. The head hands and decor... who knows, I guess that's a matter of opinion to judge yourself.

As for the price tag. 6000 maybe it is too much. Maybe it's not. Depends how much you want it and how desperate I may or may not be to sell it. I have had offers on the machine. I'm sure many people on here have followed the many machines I have sold over the last 24 months and priced to sell and sold.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

I chose my words carefully. I have seen the machine before, and the old auction catalogue.
I originally started this thread about the fake Meurice fortune teller which eventually sold on eBay for around £300.
My comments were made in relation to your fortune teller's previous appearance on Ebay which I assumed was a different seller?
brigham

Post by brigham »

The 'other' Bryan's postcard vendor/fortune teller is now offered on eBay.
I've only seen the outside of this one, but it's very impressive, as long as you accept it for what it is.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

For the life of me I can't understand why the cheaper one of the two hasn't been repaired and offered for sale working, it's not exactly hard to do ( or have done).
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Anyone got a picture? Can't seem to find the one on ebay. 🙄🤔
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

!!><!! firewood
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

jimmycowman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:17 am Anyone got a picture? Can't seem to find the one on ebay.
This is the cheaper one... www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-fortune-teller-p ... 3750606903
Attachments
bookoflife.jpg
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

watlingman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:50 am !!><!! firewood
Certainly not 'firewood'. These have their own place in the history of our coin op hobby, even if from base cabinets converted by Cliff Mills for operating pieces. Showmen and arcade operators were always innovative and Fortune Tellers have always been great money takers single site or arcade.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

jimmycowman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:17 am Anyone got a picture? Can't seem to find the one on ebay. 🙄🤔
The other one
Attachments
MZandra.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

Does an original Postcard Vendor exist?
If not, one of these could form the basis of...
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

There's one at least. It was in the customer reception at the Bryans factory in Kegworth and is now in a major UK collection. It was complicated and expensive, and I'm not sure it really went into production, although a number of cabinets were made. Roger Gillman bought these from Jim Bryan, using them to house the fortune tellers.
brigham

Post by brigham »

A third Bryans / Cliff Mills fortune teller has appeared on eBay. This one supplied by Harrods, no less!
Attachments
BOL.jpg
BOL-mech.jpg
cjfenney

Post by cjfenney »

Ahh yes, my Mrs has already clocked the new Harrods Fortune Teller! !!UHOH!! :lol: