Bryans crane mechanism and coin acceptor

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
classicgambler

Bryans crane mechanism and coin acceptor

Post by classicgambler »

Topics merged - Site Admin.

Hello guys,
I have a Bryans crane. I have a small problem. Kids are putting in 2p coins to get a play when it should be 10p pieces. How can I adjust the setting on this, other than the counterbalance?

I've been talking to Stu on facebook and he has helped me a lot but I'm unsure about how a certain piece works. Firstly the picture:
bryans crane.jpg

Now when a coin is inserted it goes down a long chute and lands on the weighted lever shown in this next picture with the arrow:
crane.jpg

Now when it lands there, what triggers the crane arm to move other than the motor? It's just so I know what I am looking for when I am testing this. I know the motor needs to run constantly. Is it some sort of mechanical item or something else???
slotalot

Re: bryans crane coin size adjustment

Post by slotalot »

As the ten pence is smaller than the two pence you can't use gravity to sort the coins via a slot in the side of the coin chute :dammit:
What you could do is put an "ESSEX" type coin mech on the machine. That way only ten pence coins can be used. Once the coin passes through the "ESSEX" mech it will then fall into the crane's coin chute as normal. No need to adjust the machine, just validate the ten pence as it goes into the machine. :tarah:
classicgambler

Re: bryans crane coin size adjustment

Post by classicgambler »

Sorry Stu - what is an Essex coin mech? Do you have a photo of it mate?
Cheers.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Bryans crane coin size adjustment

Post by pennymachines »

classicgambler

Re: Bryans crane coin size adjustment

Post by classicgambler »

Duh now I know what it is thought it was sumat else :dammit: got it sorted now just put a small metal plate behind the slot just enough to stop 2p,s going through cheers guys for help :lol:
moonriver

Re: Bryans crane

Post by moonriver »

It's a very clever mechanism. When the coin tips the weighted cup as the cams turn it engages a secondary one which normally runs within the wheel until required to operate. Once this engages the mechanism then operates the crane arm upwards and outwards. It does four complete revolutions of the cams before disengaging again for the next coin.