Artwork for machine mirror glasses

Advice and guidance on repair and restoration techniques.
ballymad

Artwork for machine mirror glasses

Post by ballymad »

Hi,
Don't know if anyone else has seen or knows of this company, they appeared on my facebook the other day, called Wall Art Shop.
I did message him about making transfers for machine glass as they do mirror transfers. The guy has asked for an image and size but I have nothing ready to do yet. I wondered if anyone else might have something. He said you can email him what you want and he would give you a price for the work. Just hope it might help someone.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: artwork

Post by badpenny »

Wotcha' ...

Googling wall art shop brings up many, could you be more precise?

BP :cool:
ballymad

Re: Mirror artwork

Post by ballymad »

I'm on my phone so can't post much. I managed to find they're based in Leicester. I couldn't see a website for them but Stuart Dale likes them.
I will message the guy to see if they have a web page but I do have an email address. Also, for the younger members, you can find them on Facebook under "wall art". The reason I posted was he has stickers to go on the inside of car windows which they create themselves.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Artwork for machine glasses

Post by pennymachines »

I'm guessing this is vinyl stickers to apply to mirrors? A make-do solution to broken or missing picture glasses on '50s - '60's machines, but not comparable to back etched mirror work on earlier machines. Rear etching of mirror glass (followed, if required, by back painting) can be achieved with laser etching, or with stencils, by acid/cream etching or traditional sandblast etching.
ballymad

Post by ballymad »

I don't think they're vinyl stickers for mirrors. As I say, they make stickers (normally football badges) to stick inside car rear windows.
Etching and lasering is fine on high end machines but is it an economical solution for a run of the mill low value machine that requires new artwork?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »