Wall mounted electro-mechanical Flik Flak pinball

Videos of vintage slot machines in action.
bamsefar1

Wall mounted electro-mechanical Flik Flak pinball

Post by bamsefar1 »

Have a look at this machine:

It's a "FLIK FLAK", dated back to approx. 1971. Made by the German company Aisch & Melchers. I have also seen this machine refereed to as a Wurlitzer. I know that wall-mounted entertainment machines were branded Wurlitzer; but I do not have actual knowledge about this. Please feel free to enlighten me :-)

I got quite a few wall-mounted entertainment machines; and they are all great. But this one is something real special.

Technically, I believe it is just as complicated & filled with features as the big cousins pinball machines from Bally, Goetlieb, etc. at the time.

If any of you know of other wall mounted pinball machines, I'd love to hear about it !

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Wallmounted electro-mechanical pinballmaschine

Post by badpenny »

Wow, never seen anything like that before.
It even sounds like a Pinball!

It's not so pretty but it only occupies a fraction of the space.
Is it purely electro-mechanical or does it have any nasty circuit boards or electronics hidden away inside?

Thanks for sharing

BP :cool:
bamsefar1

Re: Wallmounted electro-mechanical pinballmaschine

Post by bamsefar1 »

Thanks for the comment bp.
No nasty electronics in its internals. It is a miniature version of its bigger contemporary sisters and brothers.

Taste is a relative term. I find it very nice looking. The orange and green is really time-typical, and kind of in fashion these days. I really get 70s vibes with this machine. You know, peace & love and disco :-)

I don't believe these were made in big numbers. But all the FLIK FLAKs I have seen pictures of; have looked well-treated. I believe in addition to being well made; the owners of these the last 45 years have cared for them and not put them into sheds, attics or to the scrapyard.
widget2k4

Re: Wallmounted electro-mechanical pinball machine

Post by widget2k4 »

that is so cool :)
thank you for sharing, i would love one of those.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Wall mounted electro-mechanical Flik Flak pinball

Post by badpenny »

I do like the colours and think it's a great game play, I meant it's not so attractive as having a full size pinball in your front room. :cool:
bamsefar1

Re: Wall mounted electro-mechanical Flik Flak pinball

Post by bamsefar1 »

You`re right bp. Nothing beats the real thing ;-)
But among the wallmounted entertainmentmaschines, from the 70`s; this one is among the better ones in my opinion. I am sure taht it in 1971 was relatively expensive because of its complexity.

I know there are other wall-pinballs; but never seen any video or series of pictures of any.