Still need a 1p S10 Mechanism

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
sir_arthur_streeb_greebling

Re: Still need a 1p S10 Mechanism

Post by sir_arthur_streeb_greebling »

Thanks for the replies guys. Most coins are dropping through the first part of the mech - the bit with the weight on the thing that is supposed to rock and allow the coin past the magnet. I know about coins being steel after a certain date so I have a large load of pre magnetic ones that I use. The coins that find their way past the magnet get rejected by the separator. I have tried adjusting it but just can't get them to bounce down the accept path. It's really frustrating, especially as the guy won't respond to voice or email messages. It's the last thing I need to do on the machine so any help would be very much appreciated.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Show us a photo of a coin stuck in it.
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

Make sure the coin mech is completely clean. The cradle should be taken off by removing the circlip, and the pivot pin cleaned. Also clean the cradle pivot hole by forcing a matchstick into it and twisting. Reassemble and test.
sir_arthur_streeb_greebling

Post by sir_arthur_streeb_greebling »

Thanks for the advice but I don't really want to take it apart and give the bloke I bought it off a reason to not do anything about it. Having paid nearly 20 quid with postage I think he should sort it out, I don't want him to accuse me of breaking it. Just to be clear, the coin is not sticking, it is going straight through and down the reject path. I want to get the thing sorted without having to wait for this person to decide to respond to my various messages, hence trying to source one from a more reliable place.
1/2er.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The bit that swings out when you reject a coin manually, IIRC has a small adjustment screw so you can get the clearance spot on.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

These mechs are very reliable when working with the correct coin. Are you sure it started out as a 1p mech?
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

This might be of help??? S10 Coin Mech Instruction Manual !PUZZLED!
bano1233

Hi having troubles with 1p s10 coin mech out of a action line

Post by bano1233 »

Hi,
I’ve bought a Bell Fruit action line machine. It has an s10 coin mech with the cradle but the cradle seems to get stuck and doesn't send the penny down. Any ideas?
Many thanks.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Photos please.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

The S10 Coin Mech Instruction Manual here in Resources explains everything you need to know.
The good thing with an S10 is that you can see every movement of the coin as it passes through the mech and see where it's getting stuck and which bit needs slight adjustment. The bad thing is all of the variations of the new penny and it being such a small coin to handle, to the point that many mechs in Action Lines on 1p coin end up with a modified straight chute through the mech bypassing the cradle altogether.
bano1233

Post by bano1233 »

Hi,
I’ll take photos of the mech later today. Thanks for your fast replies, but it just seems to be getting stuck in the cradle.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I'm sure you have already considered this but it's always worth stating the obvious, It's not the magnets stopping the coin is it? The later 1p coins contain so much ferrous metal they won't pass the magnets in many machines. Also the magnet adjustment on the S10 is critical. If it's out, it will cause the problem you're having.
bano1233

Post by bano1233 »

It just sits in the cradle as if the cradles not like returning back. I’ve had the cradle off and cleaned it make sure it’s all clean, but I’ve not looked at the adjustment on the magnet. I’m going down to work today, I’ll take some photos. whereabouts are the adjustments on the magnet? I’m fairly new to the slot machine market. This is my first machine - lovely thing.
Attachments
F6D575C8-2766-4AE1-8971-3611A6BC24DFa.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Look at the s10 manual mentioned earlier. The magnet adjustment procedure is in that.
bano1233

Post by bano1233 »

I’m gonna have a look at the adjustment. Here’s photos of the mechanism:
Attachments
3E45F366-3384-4A3D-A427-1CF435AD017Aa.jpg
6B4A355A-69FA-4668-84AF-FB9B5CCA627Aa.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

From the photos, it isn't the magnet. Will it run OK if you pull the sprung magnet bracket open? Also, how well does the coin fit in the cradle? If it's the wrong cradle, the coin will not be heavy enough to "tipple" (the maker's term not mine) the cradle.
dickywink

Post by dickywink »

As Coppinpr states:
The issue seems with the cradle... It looks like someone has been at it before by drilling a hole in it and filing away a notch of metal... The evidence is still stuck to the magnet. :)

Does the cradle "tipple" freely ? The brass bush should be dry and not be oiled.
It could be some of that metal filing dust has got into the brass bush and making it stick so it doesn't "tipple".
Be careful around the cradle... Where that hole has been drilled there is not much meat left and it could easily snap off.

You have a nice early Bell Fruit machine. Hope you get it working again.

all the best .... Dicky
bano1233

Post by bano1233 »

Hi,
I seemed to have cleaned the cradle and where the cradle sits, and freed it off so it tips now and moves. I’ve left it all dry, put no grease on it, or anything and, yeah, I think I’ve cracked it. Yeah, lovely machine. Thank you very much for your help. Hopefully it works now all the time.
bano1233

Post by bano1233 »

All sorted now, fully functional, 10p change works and it pays out and all working fine. Lovely item. Any clues as to the value?
Many thanks, Jamie
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

bano1233 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:38 pm Lovely item. Any clues as to the value?
Many thanks, Jamie
Assuming this is the same machine currently on eBay, you'll find out the value soon