Don't think this looks right neither?
Attachments
1481282799887-2063013677a.jpg
14812827881711582938743a.jpg
slotalot

Re: Rotolite Help Needed

Post by slotalot »

widget2k4 wrote:Thanks Stuart but me and wiring just don't get along lol
I dont want to rain on your parade, but if you know little about electrics you have bought one of the worst machines to start on :!?!:
They were tricky to set up and keep running even when new :dammit: :dammit:
Relay No6 is the coin relay (thats the one in your photo with the bent contacts) those contacts need resetting so that when the top of the relay is pushed down each set of contacts are opening OR closing as they should, relay No6 is made when a coin closes the contact on the coin mech, (looking at your photo this contact is also bent out of shape)
once you have sorted these 2 out you "might" be able to get it to power up when you put a coin in ??? that said relay no.6 looks like it might have a coil wire broken off as well ???
Good Luck, I think you are going to need it. ;-)
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Right getting somewhere now
Cleaned all the contacts soldered on about 10 wires, I swear you just got to look at them and they come off,
Now when you activate the coin switch the bell rings lol
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I'm about to call it a day on this as I can't work it out, last thing though just in case it triggers someone's brain, in the picture I have soldered the red wire into the middle pole and that has now made the coin switch operate the bell, the wire on the front goes to the bell, the white one, also someone has joined another white one to a green wire, any idea or should I scrap the idea of it ever working again?
Attachments
1481292565609703219307a.jpg
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I'm guessing this is not right neither and there shouldn't be a chock block here?
The red wire comes from start button and connects to the white which then goes to relay 1,thr dark brown wire comes from the coin switch and connects to the white wire that's joined to the green one in precious photo and also to a resistor from the rectifier, and also a lighter brown wire connects to the other side of the start button,
This is just too complicated lol
Attachments
1481293258171-279007485a.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Take the red wire & the short brown wire and solder them to the terminal next to the one with the green wire on relay No.6, the machine should power up when you put a coin in?? :D
Attachments
20161208_190020.jpg
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Hi widget2k4
Slotalot is right they are tricky machines ive had one for a couple of years it was working fine.and then the payout started playing up. on further inspection i noticed some of the wires had overheated and burned through the insulation. I then replaced them with new. i used different colours because these were the only ones my local electrical shop had.this may be the case with yours. over the years someone may have changed wires so not original.so your red and or brown wire maybe different to others. Mine doesn't have a bell but i think this should only ring on payouts .after i soldered the new wires in place it was working fine.the chap in the electrical shop told me to spray all the electrics with electrical contact cleaner.and now it doesn't work again :dammit: i will post photos for you of the coin chute soon as i can so you can
See how it should look.ps like yourself i dont understand electronics either
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Thanks mate
It has been messed with a lot and don't hold much hope of getting it working, I've took out a lot of white wires that looked like they had been bypassing things, now all I have working is the big bulb in the door lol
If i had a full wiring diagram for the wires to the relays etc I could probably work it out, stu's diagrams are not helping me haha, I need it in English.
On the plus side the wiring on the top 2 things and the door doesn't look like they been touched
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

OK stu I have done that, still nothing but the other wire from the coin switch doesn't go to anything and I now have nothing on 2 of the pins on the right little black block?
Attachments
14813000019331365416160a.jpg
1481299929475-475304976a.jpg
1481299913674-184486192ba.jpg
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

The wires hanging loose are
Dark brown from other side of coin switch
Light brown from start button
The red one in chock block is from start button also
And the 2 from the bell I disconnected as they had one to the resistor and the other to the little black block

Hope some of this makes sense
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I wasted huge amounts of time on a Race Track (Derby Day) machine for many of these same reasons. Working on most E/M's is easy because they were built in a proper factory on a production line and so all very much the same. Usually quite easy to spot where a wire has fallen off etc. But these bastards were cobbled together out of whatever second-hand relays they could get their hands on and tend to be all over the place. I'm sure they did make small runs that were the same but good luck finding a matching machine. In one way good though since parts are pretty stock items, like the motor that was frazzled in my Race Track. I went to the small motor spares box in my garage and within 30 seconds had found the identical Bakelite bodied Smiths clock motor they'd used in the machine!! And I have no idea where it came from as that motor was already in the spares at my fathers factory when I started working there as a kid in the late '70s.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

widget2k4 wrote:
Dark brown from other side of coin switch
OK, thats a better photo.
try this... remove the red wire (A) from the terminal on relay No6 coil and solder it to the 2 red wires on the terminal just above that, then solder the dark brown wire to the terminal that you removed the red wire from on relay No6. !SOFA!

also where does the red wire from the terminal block go to on the door ???
Attachments
1481299913674-184486192a.jpg
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

The red wire from the terminal goes to the start switch on the door
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

nothing stu :dammit:
maybe because the wires from the start button go nowhere ?
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Hope these pictures help mate.
If you need anymore let me know, I'm in the North West near to Manchester, if you want to come & have a look at mine.
You can even take it away with you so that you can have something to work against
Attachments
Rotolite Pic 5.jpg
Rotolite Pic 4.jpg
Rotolite Pic 3.jpg
Rotolite Pic 2.jpg
Rotolite Pic  1.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

widget2k4 wrote:nothing stu :dammit:
maybe because the wires from the start button go nowhere ?
We don't need to worry about the start button until we can get relay No6 to work from the coin switch.

Just out of interest??? with the machine powered up (and please be carefull) what if anything happens if you depress the anvil on the top of relay No6 so the 3 sets of contacts on that relay close? Does the left hand uniselector move 1 position ??
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Nothing at all stu. I've pressed all of them and the only one that does anything is number 3 which makes the coin payout work.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Yep this is just what relay No 3 is for. Be carefull with relay No3, it has mains voltage on the switch contacts. :zapa:

I think we need to go back to basics and check the output of the rectifier, it could be that the machine has lost its DC voltage for the coils ??
The rectifier is the part with the metal plates next to the transformer. I should have asked you to check this at the start :oops:
Do you have a test meter ?? You should be getting about 24volts DC.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Thanks for the pictures mate I will save them and have a good look at them, I'm in North East so a bit too far to come and look but thank you for the offer,

I've had a multimeter on and there doesn't seem to be any juice coming out the transformer anywhere?

Nothing to the fuse neither
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

You must have 12volts AC from the transformer as the playfield lights are on in one of your photos?