Yo!

Tell us a bit about yourself.
spanky

Yo!

Post by spanky »

Hi team,

I'm into old videogames, I've also got an ancient pinball machine which is undergoing a restoration at a glacial pace and takes up half the kitchen...

I quite fancy a fortune teller and an Allwin. I look forward to learning some mad skillz from y'all.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Yo!

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME: Spanky and a Happy New Year to you.

The family were discussing the possibility of a pinball in the kitchen only yesterday - with mixed views. We had a Williams Lady Luck there for a while and it was great fun but did get a bit hectic when cooking coincided with a contest.

My brother has two relatively modern pins in his house - Twilight Zone and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Which game are you restoring? An 'ancient' pinball, in my eyes, would be no later than 1930s.
spanky

Post by spanky »

It's a 1972 Gottlieb Wild Life
Attachments
2784f1.jpg
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

We purchased one of these in 1989 from the wife of a deceased operator, along with about 100 other machines, and it was probably the closest to mint condition of any E/M machine we ever found. That flyer might as well be the same game! Kept it for a few years but eventually sold sometime in the mid 90's for the then crazy sum of $2500 AUD! A modern day collector recently told me he just purchased it from that buyer in non working cond, needing a full service obviously, for $2300. And E/M pinball prices have been down the last 5 years over here, I think because all the money is going into the brand new Stern machines which are damned expensive. So I guess shows that the better quality pieces will usually hold value and collector demand.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Hi and welcome,
Kitchen seems a good place for classic pinball. We had a Gottlieb's "Kings and Queens" in our kitchen/diner in 1976, sold it to Rick Wakeman the singer for £150 and a Mills hi-top - a big mistake, never had a better pinball and that hi-top got me interested in bandits (it has a lot to answer for).
spanky

Post by spanky »

I bought her about four years ago, sight unseen off Gumtree for £250. She's complete but needs sorting out. I've had all the metal rechromed and I'm about to send the playfield off to Germany for restoration.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Photos please,we love photos !!THUMBSX2!!
An 'ancient' pinball, in my eyes, would be no later than 1930s.
A "classic" pinball however would be 1955 to 1970 in my view.
JC

Post by JC »

sold it to Rick Wakeman the singer......
Singer? SINGER? I think you mean one of the greatest keyboard players on God's planet.