Interesting ploy on ebay today

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Interesting ploy on ebay today

Post by coppinpr »

I was interested in the Aristocrat console machine on ebay yesterday. I needed to know how tall it was so asked the question. When the guy replied he said the machine was at his dad's house and gave me his phone number so I could find out the size. In the end he messaged me again with the size so I didn't have to call.
Today the item has been pulled by ebay so I called the guy to see if he still had it. He said someone made a low offer then almost immediately ebay pulled the item, as it was the only offer he'd had he took it. He's disappointed he did now, seems there was only me who, by chance, had a contact for him. Did someone (or some business) use this ploy to get a cheap machine? :!?!: :tut
aristomatic

Re: Interesting ploy on ebay today

Post by aristomatic »

I saw that grosvenor but didn't it have bids? He could have noted the bidders and contacted them prior to selling. Not a fan of this style of Aristocrat or the reel bundle award card so it's not here or heading here.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I don't like Aristocrats full stop, so not guilty here neither.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

he told me he only had one offer so he took it,he wasnt happy with the offer I could tell,wanted to sell to me although we never got as far as prices, but had excepted the other offer (which is correct of him in my view) it was defiantly pulled by ebay not the seller, if you try and message an item pulled by ebay it comes up illegal item and removes the seller ID,
I didnt really think it was someone on the forum,didnt mean it to sound that way
mervyngoodhew

Post by mervyngoodhew »

there was a price of £500 on the original listing right at the bottom witch he accepted after ebay pulled it
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Would have been a good price if it was achieved, if so cannot see why they would be disappointed. Suspect they let it go for less.

Although a lot of people love those big bulky veneered covered console cabinets seen on the earlier Mills, Jennings, Pace machine etc, I have always found the later stylised slimmer ones used by Aristocrat and Jennings so much nicer, with the angled bases and slim line profile, much better to fit in your collection. Having said that less convenient as with all console machines. I have a coupe of Aristo one's but would not rush to buy more just for the room.