EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
jimmycowman

Re: EH / Collector Connector sales

Post by jimmycowman »

moonriver wrote: ↑well you can always save your 33p a day instead and spend it on a newspaper, oh wait a minute no you can't, a newspaper is twice the price. That's proper salesman talk that is. We use to have insurance companies around saying the same thing... are you on commission?? 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

He’s an operator, he needs to get the punters in :HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa:
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

;-)
highfield

Post by highfield »

So who buys a newspaper ?
Another waste of money :!?!:
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

highfield wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:59 pm So who buys a newspaper ?
Another waste of money :!?!:
The kind of person that cuts it up into squares and hangs them on a nail in their outside privy
highfield

Post by highfield »

Brilliant :lol:
cait001

Post by cait001 »

brianh wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:00 pm Just to add to this topic I did make quite a few "absentee" bids when the Elephant House was operating and always bid the highest I was prepared to pay. In all but one of those bids, if I won the item it was at a lower amount than my ceiling so that, to me, was a fair battle just as if I had been in the room. As Steve operated that system successfully at the EH, then I would think the same could be done with his new site. I think this would encourage a lot more bidders, so earn him a lot more £10 fees.
that would get my vote too
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Bidding in the dark is for the brave people or...................
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

........farmers?
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

😂 😂
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

After following the recent changes about eh auctions and brexit i was wandering is there someone who recently did send a machine to europe? There is still a nice jennings waiting for me at the elephant and also some nice machines recently on his site. The pace comet that’s now for sale i really like. Sadly he don’t know how to transport to me at the moment, so i can’t make any bids. Does anyone have any experiences with transport, import duty, paperwork etc to europe recently after the brexit?

Thanks in advange.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

I can only comment about using couriers like TNT or UPS. These people will provide all the necessary documents for you when you book it with them. You simply have to declare the country of origin of the product, the value and the harmonised tariff code. If you’re a business selling from the UK into Europe then you should also now have an EORI number, which is simply your VAT number with some extra zeros. I guess as a private seller you won’t need the EORI number. The seller can either choose to pay the taxes and include it in the selling price or they can choose to forward the import charges to the buyer, in which case the courier will send you an invoice to pay before they will deliver the goods to you. Assuming you don’t have an account with the courier, otherwise they will bill your account in due course.
Hope this helps.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks for the info !THUMBS! . I hope it will become more easily in the future
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Hans,
you shouldn't need an EORI (which is only your VAT number if you are Vat registered, otherwise it's a pretty random number) as you would not be exporting anything, you would be simply moving your own property from one country to another. You MAY need to pay VAT and handling dues at your end. The easiest way is to add the item to one of the hundreds of vans that take people and items to and from countries like Lithuania and Poland, they simply drop off your item as they pass you (the only problem would be your a little off there main routes but I believe that's not a problem for some). I can suggest reliable ones for you if your interested
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks paul, i will mail to you.
stoxman22

Post by stoxman22 »

Just to save me reading 130 pages of this post can someone tell me where you can view/ collect items from. Its not obvious on the web site...unless it is and I have missed it....
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It does indicate on the sites news section and when he is at Leamington Spa or Cambridge. Most machines are in Cambridge, but you can collect and drop at either..
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Anyone brought any bargains on the new site?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I've not bought off the site as I'm reducing my collection down, gradually selling part project
machines then be moving onto complete machines. Due to number of machines I need to sell,
I may consign a dozen or so machines onto Steve's site but just evaluating how he's getting on
for now. There's a logistics situation I need to resolve too, as cannot drive still. With regard to
any bargains, I'm sure most of the buyers think they were...! It's interesting as a few machines
are now turning up on ebay and other sites post purchase off colcon site and prices that they
achieve may either drive greater or fewer volumes of machines thru Steve's site based on how
they do. People further away from Steve's location may have some inertia to his site, although
items can be dropped off at Leamington too I believe. Not sure what Steve charges for shipping
spares bought off his site, I'll have to ask him now he's fixed spares visibility snag as can now see
them at last!
brigham

Post by brigham »

Do you still have that odd playing-card shaped wall-mounted machine? The one that is marked for 5p, 10p and 6d.
I've started to look at late '60s electro-mechanical 'decimal ready' types, and that may well be one.