EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
dutchboy

Re: EH / Collector Connector sales

Post by dutchboy »

After following the recent changes about eh auctions and brexit i was wandering is there someone who recently did send a machine to europe? There is still a nice jennings waiting for me at the elephant and also some nice machines recently on his site. The pace comet that’s now for sale i really like. Sadly he don’t know how to transport to me at the moment, so i can’t make any bids. Does anyone have any experiences with transport, import duty, paperwork etc to europe recently after the brexit?

Thanks in advange.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

I can only comment about using couriers like TNT or UPS. These people will provide all the necessary documents for you when you book it with them. You simply have to declare the country of origin of the product, the value and the harmonised tariff code. If you’re a business selling from the UK into Europe then you should also now have an EORI number, which is simply your VAT number with some extra zeros. I guess as a private seller you won’t need the EORI number. The seller can either choose to pay the taxes and include it in the selling price or they can choose to forward the import charges to the buyer, in which case the courier will send you an invoice to pay before they will deliver the goods to you. Assuming you don’t have an account with the courier, otherwise they will bill your account in due course.
Hope this helps.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks for the info !THUMBS! . I hope it will become more easily in the future
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Hans,
you shouldn't need an EORI (which is only your VAT number if you are Vat registered, otherwise it's a pretty random number) as you would not be exporting anything, you would be simply moving your own property from one country to another. You MAY need to pay VAT and handling dues at your end. The easiest way is to add the item to one of the hundreds of vans that take people and items to and from countries like Lithuania and Poland, they simply drop off your item as they pass you (the only problem would be your a little off there main routes but I believe that's not a problem for some). I can suggest reliable ones for you if your interested
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks paul, i will mail to you.
stoxman22

Post by stoxman22 »

Just to save me reading 130 pages of this post can someone tell me where you can view/ collect items from. Its not obvious on the web site...unless it is and I have missed it....
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It does indicate on the sites news section and when he is at Leamington Spa or Cambridge. Most machines are in Cambridge, but you can collect and drop at either..
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Anyone brought any bargains on the new site?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I've not bought off the site as I'm reducing my collection down, gradually selling part project
machines then be moving onto complete machines. Due to number of machines I need to sell,
I may consign a dozen or so machines onto Steve's site but just evaluating how he's getting on
for now. There's a logistics situation I need to resolve too, as cannot drive still. With regard to
any bargains, I'm sure most of the buyers think they were...! It's interesting as a few machines
are now turning up on ebay and other sites post purchase off colcon site and prices that they
achieve may either drive greater or fewer volumes of machines thru Steve's site based on how
they do. People further away from Steve's location may have some inertia to his site, although
items can be dropped off at Leamington too I believe. Not sure what Steve charges for shipping
spares bought off his site, I'll have to ask him now he's fixed spares visibility snag as can now see
them at last!
brigham

Post by brigham »

Do you still have that odd playing-card shaped wall-mounted machine? The one that is marked for 5p, 10p and 6d.
I've started to look at late '60s electro-mechanical 'decimal ready' types, and that may well be one.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I've sent a pm off to you but not for sale currently.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

not impressed with tonight's lots ending on EH site, almost 100 lots but only 6 machines, I think!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Good to see spare parts and machines for sale but can't wait till normal auctions start again. 😎
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

coppinpr wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:35 am not impressed with tonight's lots ending on EH site, almost 100 lots but only 6 machines, I think!!
Well I guess it is all down to anyone willing to sell and at the moment there are more buyers than sellers. I have used Steve’s service a lot and think he does a sterling job. The spares are now coming I from the regular sellers who sold at collectors auctions, so you will see these listed and relisted regularly, although a few are mine like the Mills lock, which I will only sell at the right price ;-)

In terms of of auctions, keep on waiting as no one is coming forward to run, so good luck on that :HaHa:

Also I understand Steve plans to run regular slot machine meets, something I have probed on here a few times with little interest and will look at doing them are various locations around the country.the first may happen in Norfolk at one our well known collectors site at the end of November and will be updated on Colcon site…….look forward to that :cool:

I think things are looking positive !!THUMBSX2!! Join in :D
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Norfolk is my neck of the woods so i would attend. I would imagine Merrivale model village or minature world in Wroxham!
ab88

Post by ab88 »

I'm fairly new to this slot machine malarky.

Collector Connector has allowed me to purchased my first machines, and offered an environment I feel comfortable making offers in. Historic prices give context, good clear videos and Steve answers questions fairly promptly and honestly.

I'd like to see more machine offered, equally the pace is quite nice as I don't have to worry about fancying five machines at the same time and which one do I try for.

I prefer this to an auction and to Ebay. I never made it to Coventry as I nearly never saw any advance publicity for it.

As a younger collector the Slot world has felt a fairly closed shop. I found buying at Elephant house a mine field, not because of the quality of lots but because of the variety on offer and the lack of context with prices - it was hard to work out what was worth what. Hence I kept to Fairground Art, which is a world I know fairly well.

Colcon - I hope it succeeds as it makes buying a doddle. I'll still attempt the odd purchase on Ebay but Colcon is by far and away my preference for buying.

Just my view
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Personally, ColCon is much better for me, as I found it difficult to get to the auctions as I'd either been working all Sat night, or in the pub 'till about 3AM.
I've bought a few things now & also sold a few machines, & was very happy with the prices I got.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

First collectors meet today at Merrivale Vintage Arcade in sunny Great Yarmouth.

Thanks to Steve and Pete for hosting and organising, hopefully first of many……

CB2AFC8A-E519-40DB-87CF-E1D44C7827B0a.jpg

E0680598-B906-477F-B97C-8860B981C1DAa.jpg

The prospector was very addictive and paid out with a very high %..
!!THUMBSX2!!

46359A2C-6674-4609-88D9-D72568040580a.jpg

This weirdo could not keep away from the Aristocrats

D4B47B45-9CA9-47B9-BFCE-6A8425331A87a.jpg

jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Great to meet everybody and many thanks to Peter and Steve.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

‘‘Twas a great day. I was reluctant to join Colcon but thanks to hearing about the event, I took the plunge. I didn’t really get it at first but having just got my sales advice from a local auction house, with the fees involved, I must have been mad not to have signed-up earlier. Still, Steve has a decent collection of machines following today and some are really nice. They belonged to me!!! I loved the social aspect of the day and it was great to meet up with Tom, Paul, Gary and Nigel at last. Great to see the graphics man too and the rest of the usual gang.

My wife says it seems like it’s more a club than an auction house. I hadn’t thought of it like that before but yes, I’m in the club. !!RAYOF!!

Thank you Peter for being such a fabulous host and to Steve Hunt for bringing us all together. Not forgetting the tea and Belgian bun. Photos to follow of some very handsome chaps on machines.
Attachments
01147CA2-036E-4677-85FA-6B8CF1B772BDa.jpg
087F4868-16C2-4853-A747-3D774F5EF515a.jpg
0244FC4C-27BD-4CCC-988F-10D7C472CE60a.jpg
0F8EE7C3-637E-49B4-8528-8619C25254AFa.jpg
D9EA9950-1A37-4DA2-B774-03886EC9FD19a.jpg
AE2E6CB3-072B-4857-89CF-EF56EC97270Aa.jpg
F9B47E03-459E-4F21-BFD2-467F72A1E320a.jpg