EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
aristomatic

Re: EH / Collector Connector sales

Post by aristomatic »

I've sent a pm off to you but not for sale currently.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

not impressed with tonight's lots ending on EH site, almost 100 lots but only 6 machines, I think!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Good to see spare parts and machines for sale but can't wait till normal auctions start again. 😎
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

coppinpr wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:35 am not impressed with tonight's lots ending on EH site, almost 100 lots but only 6 machines, I think!!
Well I guess it is all down to anyone willing to sell and at the moment there are more buyers than sellers. I have used Steve’s service a lot and think he does a sterling job. The spares are now coming I from the regular sellers who sold at collectors auctions, so you will see these listed and relisted regularly, although a few are mine like the Mills lock, which I will only sell at the right price ;-)

In terms of of auctions, keep on waiting as no one is coming forward to run, so good luck on that :HaHa:

Also I understand Steve plans to run regular slot machine meets, something I have probed on here a few times with little interest and will look at doing them are various locations around the country.the first may happen in Norfolk at one our well known collectors site at the end of November and will be updated on Colcon site…….look forward to that :cool:

I think things are looking positive !!THUMBSX2!! Join in :D
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Norfolk is my neck of the woods so i would attend. I would imagine Merrivale model village or minature world in Wroxham!
ab88

Post by ab88 »

I'm fairly new to this slot machine malarky.

Collector Connector has allowed me to purchased my first machines, and offered an environment I feel comfortable making offers in. Historic prices give context, good clear videos and Steve answers questions fairly promptly and honestly.

I'd like to see more machine offered, equally the pace is quite nice as I don't have to worry about fancying five machines at the same time and which one do I try for.

I prefer this to an auction and to Ebay. I never made it to Coventry as I nearly never saw any advance publicity for it.

As a younger collector the Slot world has felt a fairly closed shop. I found buying at Elephant house a mine field, not because of the quality of lots but because of the variety on offer and the lack of context with prices - it was hard to work out what was worth what. Hence I kept to Fairground Art, which is a world I know fairly well.

Colcon - I hope it succeeds as it makes buying a doddle. I'll still attempt the odd purchase on Ebay but Colcon is by far and away my preference for buying.

Just my view
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Personally, ColCon is much better for me, as I found it difficult to get to the auctions as I'd either been working all Sat night, or in the pub 'till about 3AM.
I've bought a few things now & also sold a few machines, & was very happy with the prices I got.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

First collectors meet today at Merrivale Vintage Arcade in sunny Great Yarmouth.

Thanks to Steve and Pete for hosting and organising, hopefully first of many……

CB2AFC8A-E519-40DB-87CF-E1D44C7827B0a.jpg

E0680598-B906-477F-B97C-8860B981C1DAa.jpg

The prospector was very addictive and paid out with a very high %..
!!THUMBSX2!!

46359A2C-6674-4609-88D9-D72568040580a.jpg

This weirdo could not keep away from the Aristocrats

D4B47B45-9CA9-47B9-BFCE-6A8425331A87a.jpg

jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Great to meet everybody and many thanks to Peter and Steve.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

‘‘Twas a great day. I was reluctant to join Colcon but thanks to hearing about the event, I took the plunge. I didn’t really get it at first but having just got my sales advice from a local auction house, with the fees involved, I must have been mad not to have signed-up earlier. Still, Steve has a decent collection of machines following today and some are really nice. They belonged to me!!! I loved the social aspect of the day and it was great to meet up with Tom, Paul, Gary and Nigel at last. Great to see the graphics man too and the rest of the usual gang.

My wife says it seems like it’s more a club than an auction house. I hadn’t thought of it like that before but yes, I’m in the club. !!RAYOF!!

Thank you Peter for being such a fabulous host and to Steve Hunt for bringing us all together. Not forgetting the tea and Belgian bun. Photos to follow of some very handsome chaps on machines.
Attachments
01147CA2-036E-4677-85FA-6B8CF1B772BDa.jpg
087F4868-16C2-4853-A747-3D774F5EF515a.jpg
0244FC4C-27BD-4CCC-988F-10D7C472CE60a.jpg
0F8EE7C3-637E-49B4-8528-8619C25254AFa.jpg
D9EA9950-1A37-4DA2-B774-03886EC9FD19a.jpg
AE2E6CB3-072B-4857-89CF-EF56EC97270Aa.jpg
F9B47E03-459E-4F21-BFD2-467F72A1E320a.jpg
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

So why are we upside down admin? 😂 It’s the right way up on my iPhone. 🤔
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Chances are you originally took them with your iPhone in that aspect and then edited them the right way round when you loaded them onto your 'pooter. On occasion the photo retains a memory of how it was taken and returns to it when you next upload it.
I'll change it tomorrow, it's gone 11.00pm now, and I can't be trusted after half four in the afternoon.

BP !SCARED!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

cheeky wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:08 pm So why are we upside down admin?
Because the EXIF data on that image was 'Rotate 180'. On the Cheyenne Shoot it was 'Rotate 90 CW'
I assume this reflects the orientation of the phone when the pictures were taken.
Reorientated and EXIF data removed. !THUMBS!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

The way the year has turned out there could of been a Coventry auction after all with having these collector meets. But who knew back in summer??.🤔 Let's hope next year is more normalish (made up word). I will probably get shot for saying this 😁😁😎
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

jimmycowman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:53 pm The way the year has turned out there could of been a Coventry auction after all with having these collector meets. But who knew back in summer??.🤔 Let's hope next year is more normalish (made up word). I will probably get shot for saying this 😁😁😎
Why not just join Colcon, I hear next meet will be further up north ;-) , you may have to wait a while for a traditional auction :HaHa:
cait001

Post by cait001 »

Thanks so much for sharing the photos!!!

are all of those machines part of the "Merrivale Vintage Arcade" collection?
Interesting to see that Mini Cascade variant cabinet, I wonder if that was a custom refurb?
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

The Mini Cascades are from a new range of pushers made by Paul Mitchal and i have added one to my colection.
The penny go round is now part of the my collection and might go into either my Great Yarmouth arcade or my Miniature World arcade.
I now have a web site if any one is interested
Https://oldpennyarcade-norfolk.co.uk if you wanted to contact me re machines you have ect.
Great to see every one that came to mine on sunday.
Hopefully another get together soon at another collection.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

mr merrivale wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:31 pm The Mini Cascades are from a new range of pushers made by Paul Mitchal and i have added one to my colection.
Oh that's interesting, can you point me to their activities?
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Contact details for the mini cascades is
Paul@kpmitchell.co.uk
Hope that helps
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

treefrog wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 pm Why not just join Colcon, I hear next meet will be further up north ;-) , you may have to wait a while for a traditional auction :HaHa:
If there was a particular machine up for sale I might give it a go, but one thing holds me back a bit. Example... On ebay the other day there were some coin parts. I put my max on at £45 and won them for £33... If that was Colcon, I'd pay 45... Do that on a larger scale and you soon have no money. Sounds a good way to sell though. 😁