EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
ab88

Re: EH / Collector Connector sales

Post by ab88 »

It's only a problem to pay your top bid if you want to own everything. Depends how badly you want it.

Plenty of stuff on Colcon has gone very reasonably and a couple of machines notably cheap.
brigham

Post by brigham »

I was sceptical at first, but it seems the format tends to stop the absurd price escalation we've seen on eBay of late.
Affordable allwins have been a thing of the past for years, with even recent builds attracting prices which would only be achieved by good historic types.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

brigham wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:51 am I was sceptical at first, but it seems the format tends to stop the absurd price escalation we've seen on eBay of late.
Affordable allwins have been a thing of the past for years, with even recent builds attracting prices which would only be achieved by good historic types.
Yes a BMCo Allwin sold for £200 :!: Must remember to stick lowball bids in on everything :HaHa:

I have sold about 15 machines and prices have been high and low, but overall I am happy. I also like the time and effort Steve puts in, eg quality videos and very regular livestreams.

I am still not a massive fan of blind bidding, but I guess over time prices or previous sales will help people. I had to pay way over the top for some wide 1D penny slides I really needed, but I had been waiting 18 months and had put wanted ads on this site with no luck

Of course people have to remember you can join for time you are interested in buying and selling and not continuously., although if you do sell you need to be subscribed for at least 2 months due to overall sell time. I have seen online auction houses now offering an !PUNISH! up front payment, eg Easylive to lower the commission slightly, I have used this and not won once and you still have to pay 20% plus commission, so given how much I have bought and sold I have saved a fortune, including if I have done so though the old Elephant House auctions or at Coventry. !THUMBS!
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Great balanced sum-up Froggy and thank you IT gurus for rotating my photos. I'm not sure quite what happened but the photos were taken on an Iphone and were all taken the same way. !PUZZLED! Glad you bought the slides TF. I was going to bid on them but didn't in the end on the basis that I didn't need them. Glad they've found their way to sunny Essex. !!THUMBSX2!!
cait001

Post by cait001 »

treefrog wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 amI also like the time and effort Steve puts in, eg quality videos and very regular livestreams.
Those videos are also an overall boon to the hobby for the experienced and newcomers alike. Imagine the archive of game videos that will exist in 10 years if he keeps this up? a 360 rotation of each machine and short demonstration.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Yup, I hadn’t thought of that and remember as a seller, you don’t set a reserve. You get emailed the highest bid and you can either accept it or reject it. Simples!
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

That seems to go against what I understood. I thought Steve just accepted the highest bid. If the seller gets to choose to accept or reject the highest bid, then surely any lowball bids would never get accepted ?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

So Steve is not involved at all as all automated, you get to see only the highest bid and you either accept or reject whatever price it is…..you never know any bids below the highest if there are any and you have no idea who has bid including any winner….
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

geordy55 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:58 pm That seems to go against what I understood. I thought Steve just accepted the highest bid. If the seller gets to choose to accept or reject the highest bid, then surely any lowball bids would never get accepted ?
I thought the same but TF is correct in that it’s a fully automated process. It matters not to Steve whether the owner chooses to sell or keep the machine/s.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Thought i would just add my tuppence worth to this thread:-
I'm Nigel and I totally understand the trepidation about using Colcon, but i took the plunge and signed up in November and purchased my first lot on Sunday.
I went to the collectors meet kindly hosted by Pete Williamson at Merrivale and really enjoyed it, everyone was so friendly and helpful and willing to share their expertise.
I look forward to meeting again in other venues and may well host a meet myself once i get my game room straight ( too much other junk in there at mo) We all know that feeling :lol: :lol:
I would like to congratulate Steve on the really good job he did on Colcon.
Coding it all from scratch must have needed a lot of patience and been a ton of work.
He seems very dedicated and i enjoyed using Colcon the first time.
I especially like the You tube livestreams as you can ask questions and get answers in real time so its all very honest and transparent.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

February's CC sale Results now in the Arena.
brigham

Post by brigham »

The Lovett 'Chumbley' didn't sell, then.
Was there a reserve, or is there simply nobody who wants to take it on?
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

The latter I believe. I don’t think there was a reserve.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

I see Steve is starting online auctions in May are they going to be like ebay? I wonder if live ones at the elephant house will happen again? 🤔🤔
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I understand that he's done a deal with easylive, so it will be a proper live auction with an auctioneer, but online.
He can't use the EH until the roof is fixed.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

It's one step back to normal I suppose... The year is young yet.. 😂
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

|/XX\|
fairbang

Post by fairbang »

So much for collector connector. A complete waste of money for me over the past several months. I won an auction for a coin tube in the middle of January this year and have been waiting ever since for a reply to my emails requesting it be posted to me.
There is no phone number to get hold of him and my only means has been by his website when I have logged in.
Anybody else has issues with this business? I notice also that the £10 a month charge is still on going even with no auction sales.
ab88

Post by ab88 »

Got on well with CC. Bought several machines and bits. Service pretty good, but patchy when Steve is trying to juggle a bit too much. It doesn't bother me really as its a place to buy things outside of Ebay and get an honest opinion from someone who knows as to the quality of the item.

Steve was unwell earlier in the year, things went a bit wibbly then. If you message him now I'd imagine he'd be straight back to you.

It can be frustrating but it isn't a high end Christies type operation, and the prices charged reflect that.

I will say that I entered three items from the Fairground Heritage Trust and Steve offered to fix them for a nominal fee so that they'd achieve a greater price. I am very grateful for him doing so as it made the Trust £1k rather than perhaps half that figure for three piles of bits.
frayle

Post by frayle »

I have bought 2 or 3 items via Collector Corner and have always found Steve easy to message, always replied, and as far as I'm concerned he runs an efficient little business for very little reward it seems.
Were that there were more people with his initiative, drive and interest. But there are aren't!