EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
JC

Re: New Steve Hunt auctions

Post by JC »

Scouser man at sea
Scouser, Grasshopper and me
Dum diddle de dee

I've even made mine ryme! (not sure if they're supposed to)?

Can we have some limericks now please?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

An impudent fella named Steve,
Four times every year sought reprieve,
Amidst elephant do,
Floggin' rockin' horse poo,
Or that's what he'd have us believe.
JC

Post by JC »

Well done to PM for resisting the use of an obvious (recently much publicised) Freudian slip with that one. It would have been childish and totally uncalled for.
.......................anyone else want to have a go? :lol:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Should the peerless chancer Steve hunt
For one more preposterous stunt?
When no Bumper was found,
And the bailiffs came round,
His name and our cash took the brunt.

Sorry, that was a bit mean-spirited. The 'rhyme with Hunt' challenge led me astray. I wish him success with his new enterprise.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

There once was a showman called Steve
Who at Coventry passed out a sheave
Of pirate publicity
For auctions held quarterly
That only the noobies believe
the penny palace

steve hunts auction in march

Post by the penny palace »

just had a look on steve hunts elephant house auctions site . he has some nice machines already entered , plus lots of vintage fairground items . so should be a good first auction . so think i had better save my pennies , just in case i am the only one who turns up! .
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: steve hunts auction in march

Post by badpenny »

Hi Steve, still using Dave's identity like you did at the last Coventry auction? :o

Hefflump Machines Sale

Post by Guest »

How Much Commision!?

That's nearly double what I paid a few miles up the road in Coventry.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Re: Hefflump Machines Sale

Post by coin-op »

Guest wrote:How Much Commision!?

That's nearly double what I paid a few miles up the road in Coventry.
Just goes to show how Jerry and Jeremy spoil us !!GOODONE!! . Incidentally, did you also notice in the terms and conditions that payment is to be made the Tuesday following the auction, NOT the day of the auction. So, it's a case of ''your cheque is in the post''. !!ESCAPE!!
slotalot

Re: Hefflump Machines Sale

Post by slotalot »

It makes a change from your Magazine is in the post !READ!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It's difficult to comment on whether Steve's 10% commission is excessive and it's probably unfair to compare it before the event to the 6% that Jerry and I charge.
After all the commission charged dictates how much is directly available to invest in the resources provided on the day which all go to making it an enjoyable day.
Although Jerry and I charge less it also means that we can only supply a centrally heated venue, with clean warm toilets, all day refreshments, cheap food, comfy seating, professional auctioneers and a massive car park right outside the door.
We also like to ensure everything is legally licensed in order to safeguard everybody's money and investment thereby stopping any attempt by the authorities confiscating machines on the day. The cost of that detracts from how much we have to spend on the venue too.

Let's wait and see what Steve puts on in exchange for the extra 4% and the best of luck to him. !!CHEERS!!
mervyngoodhew

hunts auction

Post by mervyngoodhew »

If I had to wait as long for my cheque as I did for my magazine I would be a little bit worried.
speedwell

Post by speedwell »

Do I detect just an incy bit of irony BP or am I naive ?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Neither irony nor sarcasm. The world is big enough for as many slot machine auctions as the hobby will support.
Just as the hobby is so small that we all keep bumping into each other enough to warrant it being essential to safeguard our reputations and value the trust we display every time we meet greet and do business together. :cool:
zippylad

Post by zippylad »

If i see the little s+@t i will be getting my £24 subscription money, either that or his machines will be coming with me !!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Apart from the odd comments above, anyone know if this is actually happening, given it is 10 days away and his site appears not to have changed.....
Also not sure if it is just me getting the errors in the first page of the Pennymachines site (usually is)
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The errors are caused by a mistake in the HTML code pasted on it. Nursey was probably typing with her false nails on again.
Golden12

Post by Golden12 »

For anyone interested here are some of the results from the Elephant House auction today:
37 Kit Kat Vending Machine £16
38 Beechnut Vending Machine £16
44 Cigarette Vending Machine £26
46 Busy Badger Vending Machine £10
60 Ahrens Palmistry Machine £1000
61 Mills High Top Bandit £180
62 Mills Poinsettia Bandit £240
73 Bryans Bullion on 1D £480
74 Bryans Double Top £820
75 Bryans Payamid £950
78 Oliver Whales Pot Luck Allwin £300
79 Parkers Carousel Allwin £620
166 Penny Spin Bandit £90
167 Beatles Penny Pusher £190
170 Universal Feature Bell £40
171 Keeney Two Way Super Bell £140
172 Midway Whirlybird £320
173 Bally Sharp Shooter £380
174 Bryans Bullion on 1p £440
184 Pussy Shooter £150
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well I went along, as well as a few others I recognized from the Coventry auction. I am sure if you were a crafty speculator, you could have bought a lot of general bric a brac for very little and resold it very quickly as some stuff was very cheap. Also a lot of the artwork seems reasonably priced.
I lost my sheet with the prices on for the machines, but I am sure they will be posted at some point. I am sure the BM co Art Deco machine was a low price around £440, as it was in great condition with a lovely oak finish. I think the Paymarid went for £950 and the Bryans Bullions fetched reasonable amounts, late £400s. There were a number of lots I wished I had gone for now, hey ho.....
As usual I bid on things I do not even look at and apart from a few bandits, I won a Chocolate Vending Machine I had only glanced at....£30 didn't seem a lot, but I did not realise how large it was and more worrying the weight. I am convinced this thing was twice the weight of a Mills Bandit and struggled to get it into my boot.
I am not really into vending machines, but on getting it home it turns out to be a German machine made in Berlin, but sold for the UK market in English on 6D. Even more interesting it is brand new, never used from what I can tell. Original receipt to a Vending Automatics in Llandundo in 1962. In the bottom are sealed paper bags of parts, cash trays and spares inserts and has original keys. Not quite sure what I am going to do with it yet, as my walls may not take the weight, but looks good.
Was not a bad day, apart from being cold.... Be interesting to see if there is enough interest to run again in three months.
Attachments
CIMG1654.JPG
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yes, I went along and saw a few faces from Coventry (auction, not just Coventry) and came away with the BM co. Art Deco machine. I wasn't going to bid but Mrs Cowman liked the look of it and bid and won it. I bid on a K6 telephone box that made £270 that I thought was cheap. I would have gone more but we only went in a Fiesta car and it would have meant going back with a van, so I left it. The Elephant House should have been called the Ice House; it was bl**dy cold.