Mills/Sega MYSTERY PAYOUTS? What are they??? Help!

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
markymark

Mills/Sega MYSTERY PAYOUTS? What are they??? Help!

Post by markymark »

I have a Sega / Mills High Top Machine. On the Paycard it has "mystery payouts" listed?
I've just spent the past 2 hours checking the reels, fingers, payout discs etc.. making sure everything works... However sometimes spinning the reels if the 1st reel has an orange (anything on reels 2 and 3) a payout of 2 coins pops out!! This happens on other "odd" combination lines.. Am I right in thinking this is the Mystery Payouts of 2 coins each time??
Anyone discuvered this, and am i correct?
thank you
gm

Post by gm »

Markymark, going from memory all the mystery payouts are 10 coins ( well they are on my machine ! ) and, again from memory payouts Orange Melon Orange, Orange Melon Bar, Orange Melon Melon and I know there is another but I'm afraid the memorys failed !
Anyway try these and see if you get a result !
ATB
GM
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

"Mystery Payouts" aren't mysterious- local markets (ie different countries) have different rules for minimum payouts and machines are factory designed to have a payout of around 70%.

Where the local market requires a greater percentage payout- say 75%-, the payout discs have extra holes drilled through them to pay out on a seemingly non winning combination or combinations, in order to bring the payout percentage up to the level required by local law.
malcymal

Re: Mills/Sega MYSTERY PAYOUTS? What are they??? Help!

Post by malcymal »

Ah, interesting, my jubilee mk1 (silver jubilee) club machine has mystery payouts on the award card too.
I shall have to have a play surrounding the orange combinations to see whats what and report back.
I get very confused by all this marvelous mechanical mayhem, e.g. my bars have 'bell fruit gum' written on them, and its isnt a bell fruit machine...oh the chaos of it all, great fun.
JC

Post by JC »

Malcymal, don't confuse 'Bell Fruit Gum' with the British manufacturer 'Bell Fruit'. Although we commonly refer to these machines as 'one armed bandits', Americans generally refer to them as 'Bell' machines, after the first three reeler which was patriotically named 'Liberty Bell'. The 'Fruit Gum' bit comes from the discusting fruit flavoured chewing gum early machines dispensed, in an attemt to disguise them as vending machines. Have you ever wondered why fruit machines have fruit symbals on the reels? They represent the various flavours of chewing gum punters could enjoy (or throw in the bin) each time he played the machine.
loreaumuche

Post by loreaumuche »

Hi folks
I take back this post from the graves...
I saw, on several posts here, the reel strips of Diamond 3 Star model, and also Mad Money's ones. The Alfred of the first reel is a plum on 3star, the 2nd reel's one is a cherry and the last one is a bell. Does it mean that this 3 symbols can pay at any position in the window on a 3 Star ? Can someone tell me where are the 7 on a Sega Bell and Mills Hi Top ? Are they replaced by BAR symbol on latest models or is it also a mystery payout on 3 star and Mad Money ?
Margamatix seems to say that the mystery payouts are random payouts to assure a minimum of winning pulls... what do you think about it ?
Is any body confim the oranges combinations ? How many coins do they pay ? 2 or 10 ?

Hope you understand my parisian english... if you could see my hands, i bet you do !
And so what ? i just want to know a little bit more about mystery payouts, i didn't expect the spanish inquisition !

Lefanstouf
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

markymark wrote:I have a Sega / Mills High Top Machine. On the Paycard it has "mystery payouts" listed?
I've just spent the past 2 hours checking the reels, fingers, payout discs etc.. making sure everything works... However sometimes spinning the reels if the 1st reel has an orange (anything on reels 2 and 3) a payout of 2 coins pops out!! This happens on other "odd" combination lines.. Am I right in thinking this is the Mystery Payouts of 2 coins each time??
Anyone discuvered this, and am i correct?
thank you
My machine is a 1963 Sega Progressive Star. I am certain that your mystery payouts are as follows:

Orange Orange Melon
Orange Melon Orange
Orange Melon Melon
Orange Melon Bar
All pay 10 coins. End of mystery.

The other payouts you mentioned are wrong. Time to investigate! Is the cherry payout finger bent or twisted near the top and lining up with the hole for an orange? Has it been removed and refitted in the wrong slot in the guide plate? Is the orange payout finger bent at the bottom and touching the 2 coin slide release lever for the single cherry? Has a coin fallen down and wedged itself between the payout fingers and slide release levers at the bottom coin slide? Stray coins are notorious troublemakers. Looking from the centre of the machine towards the back, the payout fingers and guide slots should be:

Bar
Melon
Bell
Space
Plum
Space
Orange
Space
1 or 2 Cherries
Space (or extra jackpot on some machines such as 7 or star).

Good luck and let us know what you have found.
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

loreaumuche wrote:... Can someone tell me where are the 7 on a Sega Bell and Mills Hi Top ? Are they replaced by BAR symbol on latest models or is it also a mystery payout on 3 star and Mad Money ?
Lefanstouf
Here are the usual positions of symbols on the reel tapes for the Sega Bell. The Mills Hi Top was similar but not identical. Sometimes there were stars instead of 7s on the Sega machines. They usually paid a special award token which was valued at double the average jackpot award. The symbols are shown as:

L=lemon, C=cherry, O=orange, P=plum, B=bell, BA=bar, M=melon, L/7, O7, BA/7= combined 7 (or combined star on other Sega machines)

1 O C B
2 M P L
3 P C P
4 C O/7 L
5 P C O
6 O B L
7 L/7 P B
8 P B M
9 O C B
10 C O P
11 BA C L
12 P M B
13 O P L
14 B B B
15 O C BA/7
16 P BA L
17 C O B
18 P C L
19 O B B
20 P O L

I hope this helps you.
loreaumuche

Post by loreaumuche »

Thanks for your answers Chris... there is no more mystery ! Now i've got my machine, i'll can check them