Aristocrat Hoots Mon/Quadreel/Quartette

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
wb

Aristocrat Quartette

Post by wb »

Hello,

Does anyone know of or have a wiring diagram for an aristocrat 4 reel Quartette one arm bandit with a hopper payout please?

Ivan
operator bell

Re: Aristocrat Quartette

Post by operator bell »

I have manuals for the Esprit range, dunno if this is one of them. I could tell if I could see a picture.
wb

Post by wb »

Hi There,

Thanks for the quick reply, how's the weather out there? It's wet here!

Attached is a picture, any information you could send me would be greatly appreciated,

Ivan
Attachments
Quartette.JPG
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Seen this on the US flea site http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0289759258

It appears to cover hopper based systems, whether it includes a wiring diagram who knows, but does talk about the counter, hopper, motor, brake etc (also a picuture of 4 reeler on the front) and only $10 (if they will ship to the UK).

I also have a hopper based 4 reeler Quartette "Hoots Mon", so might try and get one myself.
wb

Post by wb »

Many thanks,

Do you have this manual on PDF at all?

The Hoots Mon is exactly the same as the Quartette, apart from the glasses. Awards are the same and reel bands are nearly identical.
wb

Post by wb »

Hi,

I contacted the seller on ebay regarding the manual, but it appears they will not ship to UK.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this machine please? or maybe even a service manual in PDF format?
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

I'm in the US, so I bought the manual. I'll PDF it when it arrives.
wb

Post by wb »

That would be brilliant, thank you.
wb

Aristocrat Kingsway Quartette

Post by wb »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi All,

I've just purchased one of these; the machine has potential but the reel bands are in a very sorry state. Does anyone have the reel symbols in a pdf, jpeg etc so i can recreate them in paint and get them printed please? any help would be appreciated.

thanks
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Kingsway Quartette

Post by treefrog »

I believe the reels on these are the plastic type and the bands are glued to them, so unless someone happens to have a spare set, your best best would be to warm up the reels and try and peel them off carefully. (I did this on a three reel Kingsway) You can then copy as much of the reels that are good and replicate the bad parts from the good ones.

Nice buy for the money, I have a Hoots Mon four reeler, not sure how you would would change it back to the 500 coin payout though. !PUZZLED!
wb

Post by wb »

Hi treefrog

Thank you for your kind reply. the chrome is really good and so it should be as the whole machine is caked in oil for some bizarre reason which has preserved it over the years!!!!!

I don't suppose you still have a copy of the reel tapes for your three reeler that you can email please? i can always resize and see what they look like. I liked this machine a lot and have one in mint condition with a hell of a story behind it, and saw this on ebay and couldn't resist another!!!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I did not scan them, but took some from a spare set of reels I had. In any case they are of the fruit type. Most of the 4 reelers seem to have the same card based reel theme, which is unique to them. The biggest pain with these clear plastic reels is that they are seriously brittle..... so be gentle with them.
wb

Post by wb »

Many thanks for the tips.

Ivan.
wb

Post by wb »

Hi again all,

I posted a question about reel bands for the Aristocrat Kingsway Quartette last night, but the post seems to have gone AWOL.
(Posts now restored above - Site Admin).

After buying this dog off ebay the other night (woof!), I am most keen to get it brand new as soon as possible. The chrome is good but caked in oil for some reason, probably with intention to preserve it! The cabinet top needs a repaint (not a problem) and the wooden sides (I know, I thought this was odd for an Aristocrat Club) are good. However, the Reel tapes are well knackered. Does anyone know any of the following:

A) Where I can get new ones?
B) How to get the old ones off to scan them, someone suggested heat, but fear this might damage them as they are fragile and flaky like me already.
C) Who may have scanned these symbols already and how I can get them emailed to me?

The symbols are the narrow 4 reel Jack, queen, king, ace, ten, nine

Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you all, Ivan
raj

Post by raj »

Ivan, if you can hang on a bit, I have a 3 reeler I need to scan the cards from ( just shrink to fit in Paint when you edit them into your reel strip). I'll have a look this weekend. I wrote down the spacings somewhere which will help you build a 20 stop strip. This will mean you don't have to risk damaging your originals
I was the underbidder on this one, should have gone a bit further....boo hah :evil:
wb

Post by wb »

Many thanks for the offer. Sorry I gizumpt you (I think that's how you spell it!). I came in last 10 seconds with a £200 bid as it looked decent. I would have been quite cross if I had bought it for this much!!!!!!!

I would appreciate a copy of the reels, thank you very much. Will send you a pm.

Regards, Ivan.
wb

Post by wb »

A Stanley blade got them off (other blades are available)................................................

................................And now for Paint Shop Pro...............mum's good at that, even at 86!
Attachments
Ten.jpg
Queen.jpg
King.jpg
Jack.jpg
Ace.jpg
hutto

Hopper bother

Post by hutto »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi all,
Need some help please. Just got an Aristo Hoots Mon !!YIPPEE!! but the hopper refuses to play ball dirtdog Does anyone have knowledge of these dastardly things? !WORSHIPFULL! I have checked the fuses and looked to see if there are any loose wires. They all seem intact !PUZZLED! Any ideas chaps?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: hopper bother

Post by badpenny »

I'd suggest it can't be much.

Although I've not had an electric payout bandit, I have on more than one occasion picked up a perfectly working machine which by the time it had rattled around in my car boot had stopped working.

It's probably a dry connection on either one of the connector plugs or switches.

Is it refusing all payouts? When you picked it up were there any payouts that faltered? Actually did you pick it up or buy it unseen?

A simple meter will tell you how far the bighty stuff is getting and confirm the continuity of the circuits. Apart from fuses look for solenoids that are stuck open.

BP
treefrog

Re: hopper bother

Post by treefrog »

You have not described what it is doing if anything at all. As BP says, most likely cause is a loose connection and there is no easy answer to this other than working your way through the cable looms, either tweeting to see if it breaths life or using a meter. As also asked, did you see it work? Always a good idea with electro-mechanical machines. Pictures would be good.....