Wonders Ringla restoration help Victoria Australia

Tell us a bit about yourself.
ringlahelp

Wonders Ringla restoration help Victoria Australia

Post by ringlahelp »

HI!

I have recently purchased a Wonders Ringla and have been trying to get in contact with a member who appears to live reasonably locally to me for help! I am really struggling to work out how to private message someone! The message appears to be sitting in my outbox but I cannot work out how to make it send!

Also if there is any way to "tag" another member in a post that would be ideal! I'm trying to get in contact with "bob" who seems to post regularly about Australian machines.

Thanks so much in advance!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Wonders Ringla restoration help Victoria Australia

Post by badpenny »

Your message has been sent, it sits in your out box until the recipient accepts it be clicking on it.
Is it possible anyone else can help you, have you asked on the general forum?

BP :cool:
ringlahelp

Post by ringlahelp »

Thank you so much for your reply! I am extremely new to this! Is there a forum that you would suggest for me to try?

We are in Geelong, Victoria Australia, and looking to get in touch with someone to give us advice/point us in the right direction to get it restored!

Thanks so much again!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think BP was talking about this forum, as obviously being a British machine there are lots of collectors on here. One of the other enthusiasts on here is Gameswat who is in Perth I believe.

Perhaps share pictures of your machine and people could advise on next steps
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Welcome Ringla. If you're looking for advice about getting it restored - you won't find a better place than this forum. Do a search of Wonders allwins here, and you'll find plenty. Post some pictures of your game and ask away! If you're looking for someone to restore it for you - maybe not so easy. I expect our Australian master craftsman has a backlog of projects already...

Edit - Snap: Treefrog beat me to it!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Hi Ringla, Bob has been retired from restoring machines for a while now. There are so few machines in Aust that there is hardly anybody left who can/will/want to work on them! Only person I can suggest is user ddstoys, maybe he can help you out? Good luck.
Last edited by gameswat on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ringlahelp

Post by ringlahelp »

Thank you for your help! I will reach out to Dan Devlin! We were thinking a clock repairer may the be next best bet?! Having similar working parts? Thoughts?
bob

Post by bob »

Ringlahelp pm'd me and I have sent a reply directly to her. I also suggested dd's toys as he is quite local to him and although I still work on machines occasionally, I don't do that much restoration work any more. I did suggest that it would help if he put some photos on the site and perhaps suggested that he writes what the problems with the machine were.
Last edited by bob on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

ringlahelp wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:16 pm Thank you for your help! I will reach out to Dan Devlin! We were thinking a clock repairer may the be next best bet?! Having similar working parts? Thoughts?
My thoughts?
If you were to tell us what the problem(s) is/are, post a photo or even scribble a sketch on the back of a pawn ticket somebody might have a clue as to what you're blethering on about.
Failing that it's very possible a Nuclear Phycisist might have a better chance than a clock repairer due to them both having been born to a woman.
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

Check your messages mate.