New forum member, plus Arizona machine

Tell us a bit about yourself.
jothebulb

New forum member, plus Arizona machine

Post by jothebulb »

Hi,

I’d like to introduce myself (I’m Jon) & the machine I found a while ago in a local vintage shop near where I live in Surrey

From reading around on the forums here & some searching online, I believe I have an English-market model of a Wulff wall-mounted machine. The case is pretty battered, but crucially (for me) the mechanism just about works: it was sold to me as not working, but I discovered the last owner had tried using it with modern 2p pieces & I believe it should correctly be used with old pre-decimal pennies. Once I had cleared the jam, the system runs.

I’d love to be directed to any resources or knowledgeable people to help me restore this machine (for example, bent nails have been used to replace some of the pins inside the mechanism) both mechanically & cosmetically - as you can see from this image, the poor thing hasn’t been well looked after, but is still solid.

Jon.
Attachments
Arizona machine
Arizona machine
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: New forum member, plus Arizona machine

Post by badpenny »

Hi and welcome on board.

Nice machine I've had a couple myself.
To help the mech, use a degreaser or acetone to remove any grease it may have been lathered in, and use a light oil on anything that moves except the coin slides.
You will see oiling holes on a lot of the spindles, and the bearings on the back of the clock.
Post some photos of the bits you have doubts about and we can advise better.

BP :cool:
jothebulb

Post by jothebulb »

Dear BP,

Thanks for the welcome & the advice - all useful for someone who is really just starting out. I’ve also read the basic tips & tricks section.

If I want to post images of the mechanism I could do with help with, which is the best place to put them on the forum?

Jon.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Welcome Jon!
jothebulb wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:17 pm If I want to post images of the mechanism I could do with help with, which is the best place to put them on the forum?
Let's start a new topic.