General vintage slot machine related topics.
gameswat

Andy Pollitt

Postby gameswat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Very sad that another member (andydotp) has recently died, also in Australia. Some great coverage about him in the link as he was a famous rock climber in the 80's and early 90's. He was another generous person and collector as years ago he passed on the lead to me for a Mills Extraordinary slot that he came across for sale in Perth. Cheers to Andy! !!CHEERS!!

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/remembering-andy-pollitt
ANDY POLLITT 2005.jpg

treefrog

Re: Andy Pollitt

Postby treefrog » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:02 pm

Oh my god, that is a shock and very sad news. A true enthusiast of classic Aussie slots and other US machines....I think he was around my age as well..... :(

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:10 pm

Such sad news, and much too young at 56.
Thank you for posting and letting us know.
Another generous contributor gone.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:53 pm

What a shock.

I've been mailing him recently and not getting an answer, I knew his health hasn't been the best for a few years, but I didn't foresee this.
I only got half way through his book, when my own life suddenly got complicated, now it's settled down I must finish it off.

We've lost a real contributor to our hobby as has the world of Rock Climbing. This is really sad news.

BP

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:45 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this. Thank you GW for the link - I knew Andy was a climber but didn't realize he was such a legend of the sport. My Australian niece and nephew are following in his footsteps - wish now I'd talked to him about it. My condolences to his family and friends.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:46 pm

very sad and shocking news,thank God he lived a full and exciting life while he could

dutchboy

Postby dutchboy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:48 pm

Very sad to hear this. I remember his posts around the time i was joining the forum. I have been reading this evening some of his posts and will do later also ( there are so many) and i enjoyed it again.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Like many here I imagine, I received an email today from Sarah Pollitt, Sister of Andy.

She advises that Andy's brother will be arranging the sale of 7 of Andy's prized machines.
No more details other than that at the moment.

I forwarded her the link to this page.
If she or her Brother wish to list them on this site, I shall pay the fee for them to appear on The Market.

There are obvious complications due to the distance, the vagaries of Ozzie law surrounding slot machines and buying sight unseen. Although I personally believe the last point is really not an issue.

BP

ddstoys

Postby ddstoys » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:30 am

Yeah another tragic loss for the hobby. I received a text with the tragic news but forgot Andy was a member on here.

Hopefully someone who will love and appreciate Andy’s machines as much as he did will end up with them.