Hanno Moulin Rouge

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
geofflove

Hanno Moulin Rouge

Post by geofflove »

So I’ve been doing a bit a breathing life back into this....

It was a bit poorly. The rotating light device had monkey metal rot and had become detached from its bearings. Managed to do a bit of a fix with araldite, in limited space, as I think it would have disintegrated if I tried to remove this part. Replaced about 6 bulbs. Stripped and cleaned the payout. ‘Adjusted’ a spring on a solenoid, which wasn’t releasing a wheel brake, cleaned and adjusted some cam contacts and sorted the coin mech. Working again, for now...!

I quite like the look of it, even if some of the ‘bet’ colours are a little faded.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Hanno moulin rouge

Post by badpenny »

Well done Geoff, thanks for sharing that, and a hearty cheers from another fan of German/Mazak creations.
I'd have liked to have seen the whirling gubbins, does it spit death at you?

What's the case like on your Duomat in the background?
I've done my share of gluing veneer and persuading pot metal to be more substantial than papier-mâché in a monsoon. I see it as my returning something to the hobby as I know many cringe in horror and turn away.

BP !!THUMBSX2!!
geofflove

Re: Hanno moulin rouge

Post by geofflove »

Cheers. I'll post something from the inside later.

The Duomat isn't bad. The glass is pretty good, but I need to see some pics of the pay/prize inserts as these aren't present and I'll need to recreate something. I've been trying to free things up as it was all gummed up. I've just about got there I think! The main frustration is that the two main pivots for the payout detector levers seem to be stuck on their axles. I thought I had freed them off, but it's actually the axles themselves that are pivoting on their mounts now! It works but that's not how it should be. I suspect the metal has corroded onto the axles. I tried to fashion a puller device to remove them, but after some trying I decided that I stood a good chance of them breaking before they actually came off the axle, so I desisted!

I also had to do some work on the payout slides which were a bit bent. One also has a tab missing on one side where the spring attaches so I'm thinking I'll need to glue a tab of metal on to re attach it - araldite may be my friend here as I can't see another way.

I'm awaiting a couple of rod ends, as the linkage from the handle to the main mech was missing. I got some 5mm ones before realising they were too small. I've got some 6mm on the way, but guess it's a 1/4 inch shaft, so may need to bodge them a bit.

I'll post some pics if I succeed, or be asking for more ideas if I don't!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Hanno Moulin Rouge

Post by badpenny »

I've got a Duomat and a Prazismo at the back of the lock up.
I'd try "Plus Gas" to soak stubborn bits apart.
You always know they're starting to jam up when it pays out two coins every play, that's the beginning and the time to do something.

I don't understand the pay/prize inserts as these aren't present how can they not be there?
Although I've never measured everything I'd expect it all to be metric.

BP :cool:
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

So here's a few shots of the inside of the Moulin Rouge.

There are two driven discs - one with the rotating light on it, one with the red and white rectangles. The wheel with the numbers is driven by friction with a felt pad rubbing on the red wheel! All three have their own brake solenoid. There a step switch which is advanced by pressing the switch on the front - thsi allows you to choose which colour you bet on (red is always always selected along with your chosen colour). The wheel then spins and the numbers stops. If it stops on your colour you then need to hope the red and white disc stops on a red with the light showing. It then pays the amount on the numbers disc. If it doesn't stop on your colour you get a chance to press the 'Korector' button which deselects your chosen colour but leaves red alight. The wheel then spins again giving you a second chance to win - but only if you get stop on red - plus the light showing. There are two axles within each other. One fixed to the numbers disc and one to the 'light' spinner. One the rear you can the two contact arms which both spin on these axles and detect the number/colour the wheel has stopped on and also whether the light has stopped on red or white. These then feed through to the cam arrangement, a few of which provide the win pulses to the solenoid.

Topic split & continued: Duomat questions - Site Admin.
Attachments
IMG_4121a.jpg
IMG_4122a.jpg
IMG_4123a.jpg
nige4554

Post by nige4554 »

Hi Jeff, I have just bought a barn find of one of these. Would you be able to assist me with pictures and measurements? I don't suppose you know where I would get a new front glass from?
Thanks Nigel
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Nice job Geoff, looks like it runs smoothly now.
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

My machine moved on to a new owner a few months back. Sadly, as had I had the space I would have kept it!

As to where to get a new glass I really don’t know. I’ve seen very few machines online. One of the German forums might turn something up but suspect it’s a long shot. Good luck.
santelmann

Post by santelmann »

nige4554 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:35 pm Hi Jeff, I have just bought a barn find of one of these. Would you be able to assist me with pictures and measurements? I don't suppose you know where I would get a new front glass from?
Thanks Nigel
You could try "Flohmarkt" at german "Automateum.de" forum. But it could take a long time to get the glass. I have 2 complete machines in stock, but not for sale.
stevemoulinrougetoomey

Post by stevemoulinrougetoomey »

Hi, just got one of these machines. I know nothing but have a friend who's a genius with pinball machines & electronics.
I'm hoping he will look at it for me.
I have a basic wiring diagram on the inside of the back door, but wondered if anybody had a manual, or a full wiring diagram I could buy or copy please.
Many thanks in advance.
Steve...
Attachments
P1020381.JPG
P1020382.JPG
P1020380.JPG
P1020378.JPG
P1020377.JPG
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

I was just about to say I’ve got a full wiring diagram but then I see you have it already! I don’t think there’s anything more to add to that. It is the full circuit diagram. As for the manual, I guess there would have been one, probably in German, but never come across one when searching myself.
It’s a lovely machine and I’m regretting parting with mine a few months back. They just look lovely!