GOOSE the Forum

General vintage slot machine related topics.
arrgee

Re: GOOSE the Forum

Post by arrgee »

brigham wrote:PS. It's as far as you can go on an Oyster!
The image of badpenny sitting on an oyster and looking lugubrious, whist being transported down Turkey Street via said oyster, is beyond visual comprehension. %|%
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I thought that meant looking like a chick pea.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Mr. "P" should consider soliciting funds from Club members so as to keep the stamp in the U.K.
We could then gain some great publicity by gifting the stamp to the Queen whose collection is missing this one item.

Not a good idea. Old British slave economies that continued under absentee slave owners after the abolition of slavery are definitely "out of fashion" at the moment. If all the statues of BP were removed and publicly destroyed it might help (not that he was involved in the slave trade, it would just be a good idea !PEEP! )
roger

Post by roger »

I just heard from the London stamp dealer as referenced in this post. He paid 7 million dollars for the British Guiana stamp and he intends to resell it to the public with fractional share interests.

Never one to lose out on making a quick buck, I just ran out and bought the Brooklyn Bridge of New York fame.

And guess what ??????? I am giving my Forum friends the first opportunity to buy shares in the bridge for just $ 200.00 (while they last).................ROGER (mention my name for a 10% discount) !!YIPPEE!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

badpenny wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:04 pm PS wasn't Olivia Newton John just divine? :o
Oh dear, how sad. :'(

9930f30580d34195e24c1d4eff08ef98.jpg

roger

Post by roger »

4436 [/bVIEWS...........14 POSTS[/b]

How ironic that the death of Olivia would lead us back to the basic theme that:

A Forum is dependent on the contributions of its members ROGER
Last edited by roger on Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
roger

Post by roger »

stockbroker.jpg
stockbroker.jpg (30.12 KiB) Viewed 1433 times

Also, just to set the record straight, here is the slot which I misidentified as "The Stock Broker"..... ..ROGER
brigham

Post by brigham »

Stock Exchange?
That's one of those... those GAMBLING machines, isn't it?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

how true!!
roger
1.8 posts per year roger :lol:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

coppinpr wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:17 am
how true!!
roger
1.8 posts per year roger :lol:
Sometimes it's the difference between quantity and quality that matters at the end of the day.
I should know .... Badpenny Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 12:41
(11.22% of all posts / 1.09 posts per day)
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

it's the difference between quantity and quality that matters at the end of the day.
not true, its long been recognised that forums only survive long term if there is a strong balance of quality and quantity, people stop visiting a forum if there is unlikely to be anything to read, good or bad, then they lose the habit of visiting and the forum starts to fail, When you consider that on all large forums (this one included) over 50% of members NEVER post or only post once, it's clear that people like BP , Mr p. and Treefrog keep the forum alive with regular posts, be they good or bad. !THUMBS!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I gave up a long time ago getting bothered by apathy in contributing to this forum. Most of the collectors I have met (quite a few), know this site, are registered on the site and look at posts, but are less than enthusiastic about getting involved…….funny thing is everyone who looks at the site gets something from it.

There only two sites on internet searches that regular returns results on most coin op queries, your site Coppin and this forum. Even the US forum is largely void of content. As as far as Facebook groups are concerned, they are full of people trying flog, get a cheap deal or show off their shiny machines…..

Keep on posting !THUMBS!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I am always pleasantly surprised at the wide range of slot topics (and other off-topics) that regularly appear on this forum and the breadth & depth of knowledge from some members is astounding - well done to all concerned. Whether you post frequently or infrequently what really matters is that you keep posting, quite agree what tf has said:
everyone who looks at the site gets something from it
roger

Post by roger »

treefrog wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:41 am I gave up a long time ago getting bothered by apathy in contributing to this forum. Most of the collectors I have met (quite a few), know this site, are registered on the site and look at posts, but are less than enthusiastic about getting involved…….funny thing is everyone who looks at the site gets something from it.

There only two sites on internet searches that regular returns results on most coin op queries, your site Coppin and this forum. Even the US forum is largely void of content. As as far as Facebook groups are concerned, they are full of people trying flog, get a cheap deal or show off their shiny machines…..

Keep on posting !THUMBS!..............
.................Please don't give up and look for a solution. It sure is fun in my retirement years. ROGER
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

You are submitting most of the contributions from Yankeeland, Roger. Keep up the good work. !!THUMBSX2!!

J Peterson
Fellow Yank
roger

Post by roger »

Thanks John,,, And let's not forget Mr.P. and his "team". ROGER