Sega Bell Hi-top reserve jackpot help

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
vincent16

Sega Bell Hi-top reserve jackpot help

Post by vincent16 »

So I’ve been on this site for a while but this is my first time posting. I have a Sega Bell Hi-top working on 6d but the jackpot stopped working a while ago. Having taken the plunge to take it apart I managed to sort it out but, in working out what was wrong, I realise that it has a reserve jackpot. I managed to find a video online which showed how it works and I can see that mine is complete. However, there is no jackpot push bar attached to the pay slides, just the lever that trips the jackpot.

Having done a bit of research it seems these were often removed by operators because the reserve jackpot regularly jammed; the word I keep coming across is over-engineered! However, having discovered that my machine has this feature I obviously want to try to get it to work.

I’m wondering if anyone can advise me on the most likely place to obtain a jackpot push bar; I have tried Mr Slot in America but he has none in stock. Are there any parts dealers in the UK? Any help much appreciated.
treefrog

Re: Sega Bell Hi-top reserve jackpot help

Post by treefrog »

The reset bar is needed for resetting both the main jackpot and the reserve, so it is needed after a jackpot trip.

They do come up for sale and there are sources in the US.

Welcome, by the way.
slotey

Post by slotey »

Hi,
I have 3 Mills but a word of warning - all are different heights or bent different, I guess to avoid the payout slides and the height of the coin stack to allow for height variation of 20 coins will vary a lot depending on the coins used.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

slotey wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pmI have 3 Mills but a word of warning - all are different heights or bent different
Mills made two sizes MLB2823 & MLB3104 but 3104 is almost never found as it was only used for 50c machines. All the other coins used could be handled by 2823. As the assembly fits on top of the slide cover, the height is automatically adjusted by the height of the slide cover. The 50c machines needed the larger push bar because of the larger coins.
vincent16

Post by vincent16 »

Many thanks for the replies, and advising the part number I need.
slotey

Post by slotey »

When I said I have 3 of the Mills, I meant 3 of the reset bars spare. I have about 16 machines using that type of bar.