Mills Golden Falls bandit

Tell us a bit about yourself.
antbakeruk

Mills Golden Falls bandit

Post by antbakeruk »

Hi everyone,
I’m from County Durham
Recently joined and rekindled my enthusiasm for pre decimal slot machines, by that I mean 5years ago I bought a Jennings governor cleaned it up rechromed parts and varnished so nothing to taxing.

Then after looking for a project missing out on a couple of eBay machines, also suffering from cabin fever or and auction fever I was successful in winning this golden falls machine. Paid quite a bit more than I intended !!SUICIDAL!!
But never mind it is what it is and I want to make the best job I can on it,

So would really appreciate any tips and advise,
P coppin said some parts, bib etc were easy to source but I’ve already run out of places to look also Paul if you read this what kind of gold is it on google images some look brighter some look hammered

I noticed a member Brian asking about it on a previous post Sorry Brian :oops: hope you don’t mind

Anyway dying to hear from the community and thanks for having me :byee:
treefrog

Re: Mills golden falls

Post by treefrog »

I guess you mean the machine below we were talking about the this thread Mills Cherry?

As per my comments, I do not believe an original 12 coin award would or could be found as I do not believe they were ever made as these machines are conversions to meet the gaming laws in the early 60’s, so 12d payout. What most operators did was either punch holes in the original award with paper numbers behind or I have seen and got the use of Mills Hi top curved awards bolted over the top.the above machine has another arrangement. Some have used vinyl made up things which look terrible or you can get one etched. I would look at what you have, as you have an award plate now. Also you need to check what happened to two cherry payout as one cherry is covered.

Original paint would have been tough old hammered paint, modern versions of paint never look the same. I think see the original paint around jackpot window, so it might be possible to bring back to this if not in bad nick

Good luck |/XX\|
antbakeruk

Re: Mills Golden Falls bandit

Post by antbakeruk »

Thanks a lot tree frog you obviously know what you're looking at (makes me feel like a real chancer).
I will keep you posted. Thanks again for your guidance. !PUZZLED!