Mills Extraordinary?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Mills Extraordinary?

Post by coppinpr »

I'm thinking not original castings. Well the lower one at least. Do others agree?
Attachments
mills1a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Mills Extraordinary ??

Post by treefrog »

And your logic is !PUZZLED!
I have the same machine. It is a 50c or large old penny version with the deep jackpot bulge for the larger jackpot housing. The machine is in a terrible state though, base rotten, missing cash bowl, door, hood and damage to mechanism.......a bit hot for the money, even in today’s climate. :shock:
Attachments
108373F3-0DAE-4074-9070-286CD2950EE5.jpeg
coppinpr

Re: Mills Extraordinary?

Post by coppinpr »

I too have the same machine. My thinking was that the jackpot area and the gold award area look solid, as if part of the casting not blanked off.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The token vendor I believe was an option and also maybe filled or painted over. Mine had been when I bought it. The jackpot, as you know, was a standard operator change to meet the 12d payout. Most machines of this ilk were landed off. Some created dummy jackpot fillers....
brigham

Post by brigham »

I was suspicious of the seemingly double Gold Award window.
Is that usual?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

treefrog wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:52 amThe jackpot, as you know, was a standard operator change to meet the 12d payout. Most machines of this ilk were landed off. Some created dummy jackpot fillers....
I understand what you're saying (except the "landed" bit :D ) but this still doesn't seem right to me. Blanking off the gold award and the jackpot I can understand. Mine had the gold award blanked when I got it. Mine has the two, by the way. I don't know if they ever used the left one in its short version. They did use it in the long version, together with the right side as mint vendors, but no matter how hard I look at this one, that jackpot looks like a solid casting, not a fitted blank, and the same goes for the token window. Perhaps they did make some with no jackpot option. :!?!:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It is just a fitted metal plate. I still have at least four '30s/'40s machines on old penny with a metal plate blanking off the jackpot. See the blue one before in its glorious green.

The left hand indents are just architectural, to match the right hand side, and were never used for tokens or vending. The vendor versions are a totally different shape and in fact the footprint is even different. I remember buying a vendor cabinet hoping to use the base only to find it was much bigger.
Attachments
7F791AFD-B505-4463-A166-8B6DFD1D41D1.jpeg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The left-hand indents are just architectural, to match the right-hand side, and were never used for tokens or vending
I should have known, I originally thought that was the case then talked myself out of it because you see so many photos of what LOOK like one on each side AND loads with what LOOKS like no panel on the left side at all totally unbalancing the look of it
65040640_1_x.jpg

20152977_1.jpg