riche100

Re: Bally Money Tree

Post by riche100 »

Thanks for your replies.
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Update:

The paddle at the rear of the deck, that's meant to spring up and load the reel deck to spin, does raise a little, but it has little spring and doesn't seem to lock into position like my other Ballys. So a spring or something inside the handle mechanism is either stretched or come off, or something is out of line.

Can anyone advise please, as taking the arm assembly apart is worrying to me, as it's a lot of springs and cogs that all must go back.

Does anyone have shots of a naked arm assembly box, without the piece of metal shielding everything please?
brigham

Post by brigham »

I've dug mine out from among the junk, and I can't find the keys!
Meantime, you could try the mech. in a known cabinet, and a known mech. into the defective one. That would pin the fault down to arm or mech.
These Bally machines are well constructed, and straightforward to work on. As long as you take note of where everything goes, you should have no problems working on it.
I'll keep looking.
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

Yeah, it’s a bit of a pig to get this off as you have to remove the arm and also the machine bottom rail before you can get to all the nuts to release the handle mech.
Take loads of pics and take your time, you will get there.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Take the unit off if you can. As said above, take loads of photos as you go. Don't worry about cogs and springs falling out - they won't unless they are broken, in which case you need to get in there anyway. My guess is unless you remove the unit and check and clean it you won't get it working anyway so nothing to lose. These are very well made and pretty much always fixable. We will help if you get stuck, it's what we do on this forum.
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Update: after locating a loose spring and working out this is what gives the paddle at the rear the tension and spring, I've spent a hour or so in the cold f ing and blinding... only to have a eureka moment and go look at one of my other Ballys haha - only to find out I've wasted a few days on this as I now realise that this machine has been f**ked about by the previous owner and I have some arms missing from inside the handle mech...

So I am in need of some parts for it else I can't progress...

I should have said it's a recent purchase and the history was/is unknown, in case the advice was based on it being played and just packed in....
Those familiar with Ballys will know the spring I've been playing with. It's round in the centre and is cir-clipped onto a shaft and has opposite hooked ends. One hooks round one horizontal arm, and the other side hooks round a vertical arm.

However..... I am missing the vertical arm from the assembly, and it looks like the black bit of metal on the bottom of the assembly that's like 2 pronged. One of the prongs has been snapped off, so I need one of them too. Gutted...

I will get some pics as I've probably explained it how none can picture it. :(
Least I guess we are getting somewhere ..... :dammit: ....
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Does anyone have an exploded diagram of the Money Tree / Bally handle assembly please?

It might be easier for me then to point out what I need.

please...
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
riche100

Post by riche100 »

I've attempted to draw freehand what I need. Hoping someone familiar with the machines or who has a schematic can decipher what I need. The paddle I refer to is the fat end towards the back of the machine that should snap up and release the pull arm back to the start.
|/XX\|
Attachments
BALLYPARTSNEED.jpg
P1090362.JPG
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Item 35 possibly, and / or items 55, 54, 53. Hopefully someone has them and can help me?
Attachments
Screenshot (396).png
Screenshot (397).png
raj

Post by raj »

Are you sure the mech is sitting correctly in the case? I don't remember any adjustments on these, so perhaps the mech is sat on top of the base, rather than slid into the grooved slot, or the locking handles have not fully engaged to pull the mech tight into the case, or something behind the mech is stopping it going fully back.
riche100

Post by riche100 »

I am missing parts from within the pull arm assembly. That's why the arm doesn't pull back, retract and engage the reels spinning. In this thread my last few posts I have put up diagrams of what parts I am missing.
Thanks for the replies.
nestles

Bally Money Tree

Post by nestles »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi,
I have just purchased a Bally Money Tree slot. It is working fine with only a couple of issues with the lighting. Does anyone have any history of these machines or bulb information?
Thanks in advance...
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I've had 3 or 4 Ballys but sold the last two I had, some years ago. Electrical issues in general tend not to be areas of expertise for some active posters on the site, including me so I generally leave it to more experienced posters to chip in and help you. I know you mentioned lighting. Maybe if you could elaborate on the issues and specify exactly with pictures too, it may prompt a quicker reply. You could also use the search facility to check if any covered previously?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As aristo says, photos and details are everything. If the lighting is the same as the usual "Money Honey" series it can only be three things: the tubes, the starters or the choke (or any combination of the three). All can be bought online, although the chokes are getting harder to find as they are pretty much obsolete. Let's see some photos and details of what's happening.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I take it this is the model?
Attachments
money tree.jpg
money tree.jpg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
nestles

Post by nestles »

Thank you for your reply I will post some pictures soon.
brigham

Post by brigham »

A Greaves conversion.
There's a wiring diagram for it on here somewhere.
nestles

Post by nestles »

Does anybody know how to replace tubes/bulbs behind glass at the bottom of the machine and what type/voltage are the small bulbs at the top?
Thank you...
brigham

Post by brigham »

The belly glass has to come off to change the lighting tubes.
There are numerous small nuts to undo, after which it usually doesn't come loose. It's generally stuck solid, and you have to ease it slowly, round and round, trying not to break anything.
I've just remembered why I lost interest in these machines!
nestles

Post by nestles »

Hi
It appears that there is nothing on the outside of the machine to remove the glass. Can you tell me where the nuts are situated? Are they hidden away somewhere?