Aristocrat Nevada - incorrect payout

General vintage slot machine related topics.
mattyhew662

Aristocrat Nevada - incorrect payout

Post by mattyhew662 »

Hi all,

I'm currently restoring an Aristocrat Nevada Gold Star machine which was rescued from a burned down social club about 55 years ago! The mechanism works fine surprisingly and all reels spin albeit slower than they're supposed to but the machine seems to payout incorrectly. This has only recently started happening as before I started restoring it, the payout seemed fine. At the minute, all I have done is taken the mechanism out of the machine and haven't messed with it at all so I'm not sure why it could be doing this.

For example, 1 Cherry would payout on the middle cherry or 2 Cherries would payout on the line above the win line or sometimes it would not pay out at all.

I've had a browse through the other topics on this site and seen a lot of people talking about reel alignment. If this is the issue, I wouldn't know where to start and was hoping someone who has experience with these machines would be able to briefly walk me through the process.

If anyone also knew how to get the 'bell' sound working when you pull the handle and make the reels spin faster, that would be amazing!

Thanks!
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Nevada - incorrect payout

Post by coppinpr »

Before you mess with anything, clean the mech. It's got all the hallmarks of oxidized grease. Slow reels, odd payouts, old grease might well have also put too much strain on the springs which have now gone limp. Clean first, adjust later, always! :cool:

What bell sound? aristo... your thoughts?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

coppinpr wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:05 pm What bell sound?
I assume that's the metallic clang as the reel kicker strikes.

Welcome Matty. You may benefit from a peek at these short videos.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Never seen a bell in an Aristocrat....... :shock: